Thursday, August 3, 2017

Sleep Problems and J's Birthday

V is starting to get a little more independent when it comes to entertaining himself. Some times that's a bad thing. I found him like this when I walked in after cleaning the bathroom. 


While V was chilling on my bed, the girls were outside playing nicely together. I went to check on them and found this. And part of me wants to beg them not to get all muddy again so we have to clean everything and do extra laundry and all that, and the other part of me is just really happy they are actually ok with getting dirty.  


Yesterday was J's birthday! We tried to make the day special and all about her. It started out with making her cake, which crumbled apart when I started frosting it. That hasn't ever happened to me. I've had terrible frosting mishaps, but never a cake one. First time for everything, right? I ended up chucking it and starting all over, this time just making cupcakes which are way easier to decorate! She wanted Belle cupcakes, and this is as good as it got.  Do they look like Belle? I mean, the yellow frosting is pretty great, and the rose really gives it away right? I was short on time and energy to go all out but these worked great. (Next year I'll work on talking her into the donut cake like last years birthday).


For lunch, we went to Del Taco. I've never been a big fan but we had some free kids meals, and you can't beat free! So we got quesadillas and tacos.


And then we went swimming with the cousins while V took a good nap at my mom's. That way I was able to spend way more time playing with J and M instead of stressing over V trying to jump in on his own.  He's daring, but at this point, it's not necessarily a good thing. 


Then we invited all our family and the neighbor kids to come have cupcakes. Because I made 48 and I wasn't going to eat them all myself! We just let them run around and play afterward. She got all that she asked for (minus the Ipad because she's 6.) and I think it's safe to say she had a good birthday. 


She's getting way too big. 


_________________________________________________________________________________

I had a run planned for this morning but it didn't happen. Too many of my runs end up like this lately.  I just didn't sleep well. I haven't been sleeping well for a while now and it's driving me crazy.  I go to bed and fall asleep fast but wake up about an hour later with my heart racing and my legs nervous and my stomach turning FOR NO REASON! It's absolutely rediculous, but it's what happens.  This started happening when my grandma Ann passed away very suddenly back in April. My body was in complete shock for two weeks. It stopped after the funeral was over and I had felt like I was coming to terms with things, but now it's happening again and for no apparent reason. I guess I'm chalking it up to stress.

Stress can cause so many problems for your body, and for me running is a really good way to cope with any kind of stress. Since I have been off on my training and not running as much, I stress more. Which leads to lack of sleep and then no morning run. Then more stress. It's a pretty vicious cycle. I think things will start to calm down, at least I hope they do, once we get into a good routine with school starting soon.  (Why is school starting so soon?!)

So no run to talk about today :(, and hopefully I'll sleep so that I can talk more about running tomorrow. 

What do you do to cope with stress?

Anyone else have this sleeping problem? Is it something I should talk to a doctor about?

Who has an August birthday?





No comments:

Post a Comment