Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Happy 4th of July

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July holiday! Here are a few things from ours.

We started the morning with the traditional family breakfast. This year my uncle hosted. Usually, my grandma does it at her house, but since she passed away a couple months ago we weren't sure it would happen, and then my uncle saved the day! I'm so glad he did.



After breakfast, we let the kids play around for a little while. They were seeing who could walk across the logs the fastest.


Then Trevon and I took the kids to my parent's house and we worked on the camper some more while they played with cousins.  V wandered around the yard and found a puddle to relax in. 


Then J had a few intense games or air hockey to play with her cousin.  She's never really played air hockey before, but suddenly she's really into it. 


After a BBQ, we all got in the pool for a while. It was just a tad bit exhausting. We had 12 kids (9 of which are still not great swimmers and want to be great swimmers) and 4 adults in the pool.  And that's not even all of us. Our family is getting really big, and I love that my kids have lots of cousins to play and grow up with.  Then we all got cleaned up and met back at my parents (minus my oldest brother and his family who were busy with my sister in law's family) for fireworks.


Each kid got to do 2 sparklers. The girls were a little nervous about them but V thought it was pretty neat that he got to hold a stick of fire.  I'm not sure what it is, but it seems like today's fireworks are way less exciting than when I was a kid. 


On our way home for the night, we stopped at my sister's house, because while we were driving by we could see so many fireworks from her lawn.  She has a really great spot, and I think this might become a new tradition.  I got my real camera out (as opposed to my phone) and started to take some cool pictures.


Fourth of July is my favorite holiday! I love the weather, the activities, the colors, the celebration, the reason for it. All of it.  I was always jealous of my oldest brother because he was born on the 4th of July. 



What's your favorite holiday?

If you celebrate the 4th, what was your favorite activity?

Did anyone have a race?
I decided not to run the Freedom Run this year because I wanted to make sure I made it to breakfast.




No comments:

Post a Comment