Thursday, June 1, 2017

Plant Killer

How is everyone today? This has been one hard week in the parenting department.  I have always loved summer, but this year has me not loving it quite as much yet.  M has been so thrown off her regular routine. She loves having J home to play with but she has been so grumpy the last few days. People say that 2-year-olds are hard, I'm going to go ahead and say that 3-year-olds are worse.  So. Many. Power struggles.

Anyway The other night we went to Lowes to pick up some camper stuff.  While M threw fits in the aisle, I picked out some paint for the interior and Trev went and got some hardware kind of stuff that I don't fully know what they are for.


Who knew there were so many shades of white.  I think we are going to go with one of the top two. Sometimes I can't even tell a difference, though.  


We got back from Lowes and I went running. About 5 minutes into my run, I got a text with this picture. J lost tooth number two. I hope she doesn't always feel the need to take a picture and show everyone when she looses a tooth, but we are glad that one is out. The permanent tooth was ready to move in. 

On another note, I've been having some bad luck with my plants this year.  I planted a small herb garden in April, and within a couple weeks, they all died.  Then, my cute friend gave me a succulent when my grandma died suddenly, also in April (April was mean to us). Succulents are supposed to be hard to kill...at least I was under the impression that they were. Well, this one is slowly withering away and I don't know what I did to make it die.  I didn't over water it, I put it a perfect sunny place. At least I still have a cute little dish to use now. 


Nachos were my grandma's favorite food.  Since she died, I've been pretty nostalgic about...well, everything.  And so last night when I went to make tacos, I decided to make a giant pan of nachos instead. They were delicious. Chips, beans, shredded beef, tomatoes, and lots of cheese. But, I made way too much and we wasted a lot of it because leftover nachos are just not good. 


Today we have been working on two things: Curtains for Kit (I'll post more on that later), and V's birthday cake ideas.  My tension was having a hard time on my machine today. Clearly, I'm not a pro at this sewing stuff.  It took me a good chunk of the morning to sew one curtain so we didn't get out to find an airplane for V's birthday cake until almost lunch. By then all the kids were hungry and V was ready for a nap.  After two stores, we gave up looking for the day. What happened to all the toy airplanes that were all over the stores about a year ago? Suddenly you can't find one anywhere. After telling Trev about our failed findings, he looked online at Walmart and said they had some in stock. I guess that's where our next stop will be.




This post is all over the place.  Thanks for sticking with me. 

What's your favorite food?
Are you a plant killer or do you keep them alive ok?




No comments:

Post a Comment