Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Why Grokker is Better Than a Gym Pass

You guys have seen me post a lot about Grokker and how I use Grokker to workout. Today I wanted to share why I like using Grokker more than having a gym pass.  Firstly though, I need to tell you what I loved about my gym pass.

I had a gym pass for about 8 years straight. I always had one. And I loved it, because it was kind of an incentive for me to go. I paid for it, I might as well use it. After having J, my mom started getting me to get up early with her and go to a couple of the early morning gym classes with her. We had a favorite instructor, and I became a regular. First I loved R.I.P.P.E.D and Pump. The R.I.P.P.E.D. class turned into an Insanity class, and I still loved it. I went every week to her classes and then a couple times a week to just do my own thing. The whole reason I renewed my gym pass when I was pregnant with M was to go to my classes and stay in shape through the pregnancy. So I was really torn a couple of months ago when my gym pass expired again. Since having M, I'd cut back and only went to one class a week, and getting up that early was getting harder for me. I also had started using Grokker and was really loving that. So I decided not to renew my pass.



What is great about Grokker, that I didn't get from my gym pass, is that I can do it in my own home, when ever I want. I don't have to get a babysitter, or wait for Trevon to be home from work. I don't have to go first thing in the morning, or worry about taking my kids to the day care (I never trusted that enough to try it out, to be fair). I could do it while the girls were playing, I can do it when all the kids are in bed. I can do it whenever I want.

I know one thing I always stressed about with going to the gym, especially after I had kids, was how long I was going to be gone.  Especially when I didn't have much time to workout in the first place. I'd always dread having to drive for 10-15 minutes to get to the gym, wait for the machines to be open, do my workout and then drive 10-15 minutes home and get home way later than I had planned so I couldn't shower right when I got home.   With Grokker I don't have to drive. I don't have to wait my turn for a machine. I can just turn my TV on, choose my workout and get it done.

They have so many great workouts that vary in length. If you only have 10 minutes, they have workouts that are ten minutes or less! They have longer workouts for days that you have more time. They also vary in intensity. You can go at your own pace and do what you are up for.  It's super convenient and easy.

I love that Grokker provides a way to talk to your trainers.  Even though you don't have someone there in person, you can still ask the instructors anything you want on the website. You can leave comments on the workout page and the instructors are great at getting back. They will answer questions, congratulate you on your improvements and thank you for doing their workout.  The instructors are also great at explaining and showing you the correct way to do a workout. They give you options to modify if you need or to make it a little more challenging if you're ready for that.



I know when I went to the gym, I was always a little self concious of the people around me watching me or judging my workout. With Grokker, I'm not worried about the way I'm doing things or taking a little break if I need to. I'm alone. In the privacy of my own home. No weirdos, no judge-y people, just me and the TV and my workout.

One thing I liked about my gym pass is that I knew when my classes were and I could just get up and go and not have to worry about what I was going to do for a workout that day.  With Grokker, I can find a workout that I want to do in advance, and schedule it for later on. The app will send a reminder to your phone when you've scheduled your workout so there's no excuse of forgetting. You don't have to do a whole lot of planning or thinking about what you're going to do next.



I love that I can take Grokker anywhere.  I don't have to worry about forgetting to grab my pass,  I don't have to worry about my pass working at a different city's gym either.  For some reason I always worried that my gym pass wouldn't work at other gyms, but since Grokker is an app (and website) I can just pull a workout up on my phone or computer (or if you have a tablet you can use that, I just don't have one of those) and make sure I get my workout in for the day, even on vacation.

Another really great feature that Grokker offers, which gyms definitely don't offer, is their recipes. They have a section just for food on their website. They have chefs post videos, recipes, and instructions about making nutritional, good meals.  They have the list of ingredients and step by step instructions that you can print out as well as a video you can watch of them actually making the food. I don't know any gym that offers that!




Here's another great thing that Grokker offers: A free trial. More than just a one time free trial that they make you sit through a sales pitch instead of working out during. They will give you a risk-free two week, completely free trial for you to try and see if you like it. After your trial is over, you only have to renew if you want to. There's no fees, it won't automatically charge your card if you don't cancel. It will just send you an email saying that your trial is ending and you need to sign up if you want to continue. It's 100% risk free, that's pretty hard to find these days. If you do decide to renew, you pay $15 a month, if you pay monthly, or $10 a month if you pay annually. That's the same price as the gym pass anyway!

So, If Grokker sounds like a better option for you than a gym pass, click HERE to start your free trial!


What's your least favorite part of going to the gym?

No comments:

Post a Comment