Thursday, September 8, 2016

Our Day and A Frustrating Run

This little guy woke up in a great mood yesterday. It's a really good thing when this happens, because mornings lately have been a little hectic.  Getting J to get dressed and eat with out doddling has proven to be harder than I hoped.  Then getting M to come back from dropping J off at school hasn't been easy either. That little girl loves her sister. They are best friends, so it's sad for her to have J gone for half the day.  But at least this little man has been so happy and easy for the whole thing. 


While J was at school, we ate breakfast and did some chores. Then, when it was time to pick J up, M was super happy about it. In fact, she asked so much to pick her up this morning that I left extra early and we waited for 20 minutes in the car for her to come out.  While we were waiting, there was a car parked in front of us, M was getting real frustrated that no one was moving. She started yelling "come on car, MOVE IT!" I sat, laughing, and trying to think if that is something she's heard me say or where she would have picked that up from. I guess I need to be a little better about watching what I say in the car.  (I did do M's hair 3 times this morning. It's just wild hair with a mind of it's own).


When J was done, we went straight to the park for a picnic with the cousins. Theres not a lot more nice weather ahead of us now, we want to soak up as much as possible. It was fun to catch up with my sister while the kids all played. It's strange to some people that it feels like forever when I haven't seen family members for more than a couple of days, but it's completely normal for me. I grew up with cousins, and I love that my kids get to grow up with theirs. 



I want to talk a little bit about disappointing runs.  After taking a small break for any reason, it takes a little time to get back into the routine of running.  Even after last weekend, taking a 4 hour trip to Idaho, my legs were aching to get moving again, but by the time I got around to it in the evening, they didn't want to cooperate.  It's hard to come back from an injury or a baby, or even just a trip, and feel your body not being the way it was before. 


Right after I had V, and I started running again, it all came back really quickly. Then I had a small injury and had to take a couple of weeks off. Those couple of weeks set me back far more than I expected them to. That's ok. It's normal. It takes a lot of discipline to get me back to where I want to be now. 

The best part about running, is that it doesn't matter where you start, you can always improve. I only ran 2 miles, and it was hard for me, and I was frustrated and discouraged.  Some days are just like that. The important thing is to remember that even the bad runs are still runs that will help you improve. 



I saw this quote the other day and it was a great reminder after a run like that! 


What are you doing to enjoy the last bit of nice weather?

Any tricks to help mornings go more smoothly?

What is your current mantra to help you keep going when it gets hard?





No comments:

Post a Comment