Friday, September 9, 2016

Currently:September

September is here, and it's starting to feel like fall around here. September is normally a month of 80's weather.  This year, we are already hitting down in the 70's. Don't get me wrong, 70 and above is still great weather, but I'm kind of a lot sad to see summer go so quickly. I am not ready for cold weather, at all. But, since September is here, I'm going to share some things that are currently happening around here. If you're wanting to join in on the Currently posts, you can check out Anne's blog and join in there!

Currently Reading: At the moment I'm taking a small break from reading books so that I can focus a little bit more on running. Normally the only reading time I usually get is in the evenings, which also happens to be my running time at the moment. I am reading lots of letters from J's teacher, and her homework though. I have to say that it's a little sad, and scary, that I read this problem and was confused. How do you draw to show what you know about the number 2? Common core is proving to be very annoying already and she's only in kindergarten! How in the world am I going to be able to help her with homework later on if I already don't know what they are looking for when they ask me to draw how I know these things? I feel like it's not fair way to word things.



Trying: Well, I'm pretty sure I have low iron at the moment. Exhausted, hair falling out, restless legs, headache, anxiety (maybe that's caused by something else, can't be sure on that:), so I'm trying to incorporate more iron rich foods into my diet. I'm not a big fan of spinach, and read meat can be expensive. So this might be tricky, but I'm working on it because I'd rather not have to take a pill for it instead.
Also trying to soak up every last bit of summer that we can. So we went on a walk last night and the girls rode their bikes. It was perfect outside for it and they are getting real good at the balancing thing.


Currently hoping: I'm hoping that I feel good enough to run tonight, and that I can do it earlier than bed time for the girls. It's getting darker earlier and I don't care for running in the dark all that much.

Currently decorating: nothing. I've thought about getting the fall stuff out, but this goes back to what I was saying before, I'm not ready for the cold, so lets get as much summer stuff done as we can. That reminds me though, I need to find a new wreath, because our spring/summer one took a beating this year and it's falling apart.

Currently to-do listing: I gotta get working on some halloween costumes.  And go find a new baby pacifier since V lost his. I also need to get some new clothes for M soon since she's all the sudden too big for her pants and long sleeved shirts. I need to get my car key battery replaced because it stinks to have to manually unlock the car (I know, first world problems). And I need to get my hair cut. I love my hair long, but it's starting to drive me crazy, and it takes forever to dry.


Are you excited for fall or holding on to summer still?

Any one have a great way to get iron with out taking a supplement?

What's on your to-do list?

No comments:

Post a Comment