Thursday, August 11, 2016

Errands and a Workout

Yesterday was full of errand fails. We had a lot of things we needed to get done, but when I went to do them, they were just not working out very well.  First, we went to see what class J got in for school, but by the time I got all the kids happy and fed and ready to go, the school was closed. Then I thought we'd go shopping for a birthday present for a cousin's birthday party this week, but the kids were so ornery! So we ended up ordering it online and picking it up later. We did eventually get all of our errands run (except for the school thing, that we have to keep trying for), but we decided to make some cookies to send to Trevon's brother who's on a mission right now, instead.

The girls got to color a picture to put on the container. (We just use an empty bread crumbs container and take the paper off).


These are the best chocolate chip cookies, and if you store them right (as long as they are covered) they last for 3-4 days. So they are great to ship to people. 


I used girlie glue to seal the top with paper, before putting the lid on it. I'm pretty surprised every time I find a new use for girlie glue. 



When we finally did make it to Costco, it started to pour down rain. I love big thunder storms, so it doesn't bother me. I really wished I was running in the rain, because it's really fun to run in the warm rain. But, at least there were some great clouds that came with it. 


I'm pretty sure that every time we go to Costco in the evenings, M falls asleep on the way there. 




Then we got to see this great rainbow after the storm too. 


When we got home and got the girls in bed, I really needed a workout. I'm still not running, because I haven't gotten out to buy new shoes. The plan was to go to my parents and use the elliptical, but after putting the girls down, feeding V, and a list of other things, it was too late to do that. So I decided to make a quick Insanity type workout instead. It's been a really long time since I've done insanity, and it was much harder than I thought it would be to do it again.  

If you've never done an insanity workout, it's kind of like Tabata. You do a move for 30 seconds and get a 10 second break. There are 4 different moves that you do in a block and you do the blog 3 times. For my workout, I did 3 different blocks 4 times each. 


The first block was definitely the hardest one for me. I did a easier block in the middle for a little bit of a break, and then the third block was harder again.  By the time I was done, my legs felt like jello. That hasn't happened for a really long time. So I made sure to foam roll before I went to bed. 

I'm pretty sure I'll be doing more of these Insanity type workouts. They are easy workouts to get in while you're at home. Theres no equipment needed, and they give you a good workout. All you really need is a timer. I have an app on my phone for intervals that you can set for a horn to go off (It's called IntervalTimer, clever right?). That way you know when it's time to move on to the next move.  

What type of workout do you like to get in when you're short on time?

Have you ever done Insanity?

Favorite weather to workout in?








No comments:

Post a Comment