Thursday, August 25, 2016

Chicken Rolls Recipe

The last day of summer for J, I wanted to let her do what she wanted. She didn't pick swimming or the park, the first thing she picked was to watch home videos.


After watching those for almost 2 hours, we went to my sister's house for a picnic and we ended up playing there all day long. I'm really going to miss being able to do this kind of stuff. We were talking about how when they were really little we used to take them on walks all over the neighborhood and it was so easy because they all just sat in the stroller. Now we try to take them on a walk and everyone wants to ride a bike or walk, and when they do want to ride in the stroller, the stroller gets really heavy to push. We miss the days when we could just load all the little babies up and go around at our own pace. But, that's how things work. Kids grow up. 


Coming back from a 3 week running break is not as easy this time as it was when I was in high school.  I don't have the endurance that I had, but it's slowly coming back. I'm just glad I'm running with no bad pain! Almost 2 miles last night. 




I thought I'd share one of J's favorite dinners with everyone today. It's super easy and cheap, and quick to make, so I'm sure I'll be making it a lot the next little while, while we adjust to new schedules.



We call them Chicken Rolls. We had them one time at a friend's house and then one day when we needed to make something quick, and use up some stuff we had on hand, I decided to make them here. They've been an easy win since then. The girls always want them and always eat at least one whole roll.

So here is what you need:
12 oz canned chicken
1/4 c mayo
1/4 c cream cheese
1/2 chedder cheese
1/4 c chopped celery (optional)
8 oz crescent dough sheet (I use pilsberry from the fridge section at the grocery store, but you can use any crescent dough)

Mix chicken, mayo, cream cheese, and celery well.

Open the thawed dough and spread it out. Cut the dough into sections about 3-4 inches wide.


Spoon some of the chicken mix onto the dough, add a little cheddar on top, and then fold the top part over and pinch the sides so the chicken wont spill out. Place onto a sprayed cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.



We like to cut up some fruit and veggies to eat with this or sometimes we eat it with french fries or mac and cheese. Like I said, it's a what ever we have on hand kind of dinner.


Did you have a favorite meal growing up?


No comments:

Post a Comment