Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Postpartum Check and A Run

Yesterday I had my 6 week postpartum check. They gave me an ipad to do some paper work on and at the end you had to sign it. I usually hate these electronic signatures because it ends up looking nothing like my real signature, but this one was the best electronic signature I've ever had to do.  It still doesn't look much like my real signature, but it is actually legible. I think that all of the credit card machines need to have this signature technology instead of whatever they use right now. 


The check up went well and I was given the OK to do whatever I feel like doing now. That's a great thing! I had a dream the other night that I went to my appointment and my doctor told me that I was pregnant. I tried several times to tell her, in my dream, that it was not possible at this point for me to even be pregnant and to please tell me she was joking. Luckily that didn't happen in real life. I would probably have a break down because not only would 2 babies under a year old make me crazy, but I really don't want to be pregnant again any time soon. 

My mom watched the kids while I went to the doctors and we ended up staying there and playing all day long. While we were there, V had a massive blow out all over my mom and we had to squeeze him into this newborn onesie while we washed his other clothes. He's only 6 weeks old, and my other kids would still be fitting into newborn clothes at this point, but this little guy is growing so fast! 


When we got home and started making dinner, J decided to play school with her animals. She's showing her class V's growth chart and trying to explain to them what it means. 


Then for family night, we let the girls practice riding their bikes. We are in the process of teaching how to ride without training wheels. They did really well last night and actually decided it was fun this time.  And then after a popsicle for their bed time snack, and getting them to bed, I went over to the clubhouse for a run.  I'll talk about this more in the future I'm sure, but if you're cleared by your doctor to workout while you're pregnant, I strongly advice to do it! You will get back into shape so much easier and quicker if you do. I'm already at 3 miles, after having M, it took me 6 months to get back there.  It wore me out but I was super happy about hitting that mark. 3 miles is usually the turning point for me, where I start to feel really good during my run, and not just after. 


How long does it take you to get back into shape after a break?

Any weird dreams lately?





1 comment:

  1. Whenever I have to sign for a credit card transaction it turns out to be mostly blank space with a few dots. They really need to step up their game.

    ReplyDelete