Thursday, June 30, 2016

Picnics at the Park

We were up bright and early this morning. The girls like to come in our room and snuggle down in bed with us some mornings. Now that we have V, he usually wakes up first to eat and then the girls gather around and watch him while I get dressed and ready for the day.  They love being big sisters. 



This morning I decided I'd better start working on tightening my abs back up a little.  I found a quick 7 minute ab work out on Grokker and it was much harder for me to do than I thought. I literally couldn't do a sit up at first. It's kind of crazy how much of your muscle goes away after having a baby. I always assumed that was just because, you know, stomach muscles get stretched when you're pregnant, but now I'm wondering if any of that also comes from an epidural, does anyone know?



After getting all of our morning things done and getting our day started, my sister asked if we wanted to go to the park for a picnic. 



She found this really cool park for us to go to. It was a little cooler this morning so we couldn't pass the chance to go up.  It's something we have been hoping to start doing again for a while now.  They had this cool spinny chair there, at least I haven't ever seen this before, but the girls loved it. You sit on it and it spins on it's own. 



And I had to take a picture of this moment because, J requested, and ate a whole ham and cheese sandwich!  She is our picky eater, and I really thought she would turn it down once we got to the park, even though she asked for it. So I was really surprised that she ate it with no complaints. 




One thing that was really cool about this park is that it has it has 4 or 5 parks at this one big park. So we let the kids park hop around for a little bit. 



It was a perfect over cast day so we played until the sun started to come out, and then the kids were ready to go home. Before we headed out, we let them run up and down this hill a few times. When we got to the park, my first thought was "this would be a great running park." So we may go back and let the kids play and I'll go run around a little sometime. 




What do you like to do with your kids in the summer?




No comments:

Post a Comment