Monday, May 16, 2016

Weekend Update

Our weekend was a pretty low key one. We started it out with lots of cousin play time. It's been great weather this week so that meant outside play. The girls even got to play in the water because it's been so nice.  It's almost swimming season.


It's been a while since I've done a good cardio workout. My pelvic muscles still don't like running at the moment so I went for a elliptical workout instead. I didn't make it that far, but at least I got something done.


This is currently J and M's favorite book. My uncle, Guy Francis, illustrated THIS book when I was pretty little, and it has always been one of my favorites too. So I don't mind reading this one a million times to them at all. 


I've been loving smoothies lately. So I've been making a lot of them. I got a mango especially for my smoothies last week, and I was pretty excited to use it. I'll probably be getting more of them soon.  I've also been sneaking carrots into the smoothies because J won't eat them otherwise... hopefully she doesn't catch on soon. 

We went to my mom's for some more cousin play and a few other things the other day.  I love it when the girls will actually play nicely together. Some days it seems like all the day is fight, but then when this happens, it makes everything else worth it. 


After running a few errands on Friday night, we came home and the girls wanted an ice cream cone. This sounded way better to me though.  Have I mentioned how much I love warm evenings with longer daylight? It makes me happy that we can spend time outside as a family doing stuff like this. 


Saturday was mostly full of swim lessons and blogger events.  In the afternoon we had a lot of down time and decided to use it by running some more errands. By the time we were just about done, we decided we were all hungry and I didn't feel like cooking, so we ordered a Costco pizza.  While we were waiting for the pizza, the girls wanted to go to the pet store. Petsmart doesn't usually have dogs to look at or play with (at least ours doesn't) which is kind of a bummer, but the girls like looking at the fish and the cats too.  I didn't go in because I have crazy cat allergies and didn't want to be miserable the rest of the day. 


Then we decided to do some yard work before the girls had to go to bed. We got a big chunk done, but still have lots to go! 

Sunday was church and family time. I took this picture because I thought our girls just looked so cute in their dresses. The dress M is wearing doubled for a halloween costume a couple of years ago. They were the Rockford peaches and now J's dress fits M. She was pretty excited to wear it and I'm ok with that because I think this dress needs to be worn as much as possible. 



How do you sneak vegetables to your kids?

Favorite summer things?

How do you spend your weekends?






No comments:

Post a Comment