Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Wednesday Randomness

I have some random pictures and things for you today. First, I took this picture (and several others) while the girls and I were out on a walk the other day. I happened to take my good camera with me, and I'm glad I did, because it's been way too long since I've been able to take any kind of nature pictures. This used to be one of my favorite things to do, just go out and spend a couple of hours taking pictures of everything. I don't get much time do do that now, but I'm working at doing it more often with J and M as my little assistance.


I woke up this morning and remembered how much I love waking up to sunshine coming in my room! Also, we switched our bedroom around to make room for baby brother and I'm liking it way more than I expected. I never thought having a computer in my room would be something I liked (and someday we won't have it in our room), but I'm really liking that I feel way more privacy and productive working while the girls are having quiet time.


I know, I know, I'm talking way too much about how much I like these pans....but seriously, some how my food always looks way prettier and cleaner, maybe even healthier? when I cook on stainless steel. And cleaning these pans is not nearly as hard as people make it out to be. 


This was dinner last night. The eggs from the last picture went on to this grilled cheese sandwich, along with bacon. It was an amazing breakfast sandwich. I'm pretty sure I could eat four of these and still want more. 


I read THIS article about playing with your kids yesterday. I've always felt super guilty about not being a good play mom. I've never loved to get on the floor and play dolls with them. But after reading this article, I noticed that I don't have to play dolls, or doctor, or cars with my kids in order to have fun with them. I don't think my mom even did that with me. Our play was running errands and doing chores or watching movies. And that's the way I play with my kids too. We do fun things, and then they play together (because that's what sisters are for). 


We've been eating so many strawberries lately. We are loving all the summery fruit coming into season. If I could grow a garden with all the fruit in it, I think it would be a lot like heaven. 


This is the smoothie I made for lunch today. Strawberries (because, like I said before, they are a staple lately), banana, carrots, and pineapple. I made it for the girls and ended up drinking most of it. 


Any randomness for me today?

What's your favorite fruit?

Are you a good "play mom"?






No comments:

Post a Comment