Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Our Long Weekend

Well, still no baby. We've had a really long weekend with some really fun, great things and some really not fun things.

Friday started out with some labor pains, for 6 hours all morning long. But then they stopped. It's always really discouraging when this kind of thing happens. And my body seems to like doing it to me. We tried to stay super positive though, and Friday night J got to go spend some time with her grandma while Trevon, M and I went and played at my sister's house. J brought home some fun stuffed animals for her and M and baby brother. She always picks the weirdest ones. She got an Ostrich and she picked a rooster out for M.  Despite her face, she loves this thing and refuses to do anything with out it. She has the rooster sound down really well now.


Saturday ended up being a fun and busy day. We had a little get together with some neighborhood people and had some yummy food. I was still a little discouraged about the false labor (again) but visiting with other adults helps that kind of stuff a lot. It was really nice to be able to talk and get to know people better while the kids ran around. After that we went to my parents' house to play and visit some more. I love that they live so close. Then we went home and had dinner, which I can't even remember what it was, and then we decided to go out and get a little treat.


We don't do this very often, but we had a coupon for a buy one get one free frozen yogurt, so we couldn't let that deal slip by. 


M decided to take a lap around the table after every bite she had.


Then we decided to get the car washed on our way home so it would be all clean and nice when this little guy decides to come for real. As soon as she found out where we were going, M pulled the car seat cover off and hid under it. For some reason she is terrified of the car wash and tries to hide every time. 


This picture sums up all of Sunday. 12 hours of false labor people, 12 hours. Why my body does this, I'm not really sure. We aren't talking Braxton hicks contractions, this is my 3rd kid. They were real contractions. I did a lot of walking to try to get them stronger, but by 7 that night they stopped completely. 

Luckily I was exhausted enough to sleep all night that night so for memorial day we decided to go do something fun and spend some time up at the cabin. 


This is a place I hope I get to see for the rest of my life. It's one of my favorite places to be. We let the girls try to catch some fish, and run around with cousins. 


And then we hiked a little ways off and did some shooting. 



The girls both shot the .22 for their first time. 


After J said she wants to get a purple gun for her birthday. That will be a few more years, but maybe someday. I think this was my favorite gun to shoot that we have. Although, Trevon's hand gun is kinda fun too. 

The girls had fun picking up all the shells and putting them on their fingers. 


After our fun cabin day, we went down to my parents house for dinner. They recently went to Italy and got to take some cooking classes (I'm super jealous) so they decided to teach us about making pizza and gelato.

This is my finished pizza.


It was super yummy. Then we had gelato while we looked at their trip pictures. (Again, super jealous.) I couldn't believe how pretty some of those pictures were. My dad has gotten really into photography the last few years and he's gotten pretty good. I don't have any of his pictures to share today though, sorry. But here's the girls in the shirts they brought home for them. 



Dr appointment today, hopefully some good news on that soon. 

What did you do for Memorial day?

If you could go anywhere in the world for 2 weeks, where would it be?
Italy, or maybe Hawaii 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment