Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Get Summer Ready with Grokker

Let's talk a little bit about getting "summer ready".  First off, being summer/pool/swim suite ready means something different for everyone. You don't have to reach an ideal weight, you don't have to be tan, you don't have to be able to run a certain amount of miles. The only thing you need to do to be summer ready, is to be comfortable with who you are.  (For me, at this point, that means having a baby and starting out on losing that baby weight.) It's different for everyone. So first, put down the magazine that tells you how to be perfect (because most of that is a lie anyway), and pick up a pen and paper to write down your own, realistic, goals for yourself. What will make you comfortable and ready to play all summer? Maybe you're already there, and all you have to do is maintain it.

No matter where you are with your goals right now, I have a great way to help you stay fit and confident this summer. You've seen me post about it before, but I wanted to share it again because I love this website and it's programs!


Grokker is a website that has thousands of workout and cooking videos that you can do right at home. Everything from Yoga and Meditation, to HIIT and full body workouts and so many more. My favorite is Sarah Kusch's HIIT classes. These workouts and cooking videos are made by professionals and are all high quality. They show you how to do workouts the correct way and they also help you know how to modify where you need to. You can also ask the trainers any questions on the forum and they will get back to you quickly.



I think my favorite thing about Grokker is that I can do it anywhere. You can download the app to your phone or tablet, you can look it up on your computer, and you can watch it on your TV. It makes getting the workouts done really easy since you don't even have to leave your house. You can pick any workout that you feel like doing. You can even look workouts up by time. So if you only have 10 minutes, you can find a quick workout that is 10 minutes long but will help you get moving. And there is always a new workout to try.



Grokker helped me workout all the way through this pregnancy. I was hoping I could run the whole time, but due to pelvic pain, it was best for me to stop at 7 months. So instead of running, I did a lot of at home workouts with Grokker. It's helped me not gain too much excessive baby weight and it will be helping me lose what I did gain once I have him. You can track your progress and schedule workouts so you don't forget or put it off for too long. It will save the workout you've planned so all you have to do is click on it and get started. No excuses.


I also love the cooking videos on Grokker, it's like having food network with you all the time. They have super quick, easy and healthy meals that they explain how to make, step by step. You can print out the the recipe and take it with you to the store so you know exactly what you need (because, if you're like me, you forget something at the store almost every time). Then you can come home and make the dinner along with the video. (You can also print out the workouts by the way, that's pretty cool too).


So who's ready to get ready for summer right from your home, you don't even have to have equipment!? If you want to give Grokker a try, you can get a 14 day Free trial (you really can't go wrong with a free trial...you're not out anything!) on any of the classes, by clicking HERE.  If you decide you like it, you can keep it for a monthly fee, but if you try it, and decide it's not your thing, that's just fine. It's super easy to cancel, no questions asked, online.

What are your favorite types of at home workouts?
When do you feel ready for summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment