Wednesday, May 18, 2016

A Rose to Help Turn Our Bad Day Around

This has been my view the last few days. Just working on getting some scheduling done before the baby comes.  Just know, that I'll probably be hit and miss for a while after he gets here and most of my posts won't be full of super awesome information, but I'll try to make them happen. 


Yesterday started off to kind of a bad day. I went to the gym first thing in the morning and as I walked in, I was told that my gym membership, which was supposed to be until August, expired last December...WHAT? first off, why is this the first time I'm hearing about it, second of all, I paid until August. Unfortunately, they only have record of my buying until December :(! VASA apparently stinks at keeping records and stuff. So, anyway, I've decided that even though I love going to my morning class with my mom, I won't be renewing and I'll be doing a lot more Grokker workouts and running instead.

After that whole thing happened, I tried not to let it bug me so much and get the regular chores done. We needed to go to the grocery store, so we loaded up and went. Our grocery store has awesome carts that have cars on the front to entertain kids. While the girls love them, I'm not a big fan because they are giant and it's hard to steer around everyone. But, the girls were getting along and being good so I let them have the cart. We were there for 5 minutes before M turned and bit J for no reason (ugh, kids sometimes). So they got separated, and J was sad the rest of the trip. But, when we were in the check out line, there was an older guy in front of us turned around and handed us a rose from his garden and told us to have a good day. J was happy the rest of the day after that!


After putting the groceries away and the girls watching a movie, we had a little time to kill before we needed to get dinner started. So we headed over to the park. It was cooler than other days, but not too bad. And we had our little park to ourselves. The fresh air and the exercise helped us all feel happier. 


Getting the mail on the way home and finding a little package from my Sister in law who lives too far away from us made me happy. This little shirt is going to be adorable on the little guy! 


We made some dinner, did some cleaning and then I relaxed while Trev got the baby carseat put in the car and made sure it all fit ok. The girls are pretty excited to have him sit in the middle. Then we had some family time. Trevon taught the girls about the Restoration of the Church.  They listen to him much easier than they listen to me with this stuff, he makes it more exciting. 


Once we were done with the lesson, we had the girls clean up their toys and it was bed time. And this momma was ready for bed time!

Any random acts of kindness or ways someone brightened your day to share with me today?






1 comment:

  1. I love how organized you are! Good luck getting your ducks in a row before baby comes.

    ReplyDelete