Thursday, May 12, 2016

A Day at the Cabin

We took the day and went up to the cabin. This place is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been in my life.  I grew up calling it my "Green Gables" and I've thought of it that way ever since. A little piece of heaven just for us.




J has been begging to go, and now that it's getting warmer, I decided to surprise the girls this morning by driving up. It took J about a 2 minutes on our drive to figure out where we were going. And she was so excited about it.


My sister took her kids up there too and we played all day long. We had a big lunch and visited with my uncle, cousin and grandparents. We let the kids run around and explore, just the way we did growing up.




The whole time we were there I couldn't help but think of how lucky we are to have such a beautiful, fun place to bring our kids.  I think I really took this all for granted growing up. I never thought of how amazing it really is there. (Some of you may think it's an exaggeration but I assure you that it is not).



I took my good camera with me, because I haven't been able to take really great pictures in a really long time. And I didn't get anything incredible, but I did get some really great, beautiful shots.  Also, because when we go up to the cabin, we don't get great phone reception so there is no excuse to carry our phones around. Which is another reason I love it. I don't feel like everyone is glued to their phones.


Before we got ready to leave, we took the kids on a little hike. It turned into a longer hike than we'd planned. But the kids made it a whole mile with hardly any "I'm tired" complaints. They picked flowers, and found bullet shells. They found rocks and felt free to run around a little.



It was a pretty perfect day for us. And we aren't going to wait too long to go back again. Be prepared for a lot of cabin pictures from us this summer!



Do you have a favorite place from your childhood to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment