Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Easy 5 Ingredient Chicken Tacos

Remember how I hate polly pockets? Well, we are slowly breaking all the polly pocket things (not on purpose).  This happened and one girl was pretty sad, but I didn't feel too bad. 


Sometimes when we go to the store, we run into my sister had her kids. Usually when this happens, we end up switching carts. My mom was there today too, so all the kids decided they needed to ride with her. That was good for me, because I got my shopping done quick and didn't even have to keep anyone happy with snacks. But my mom had a cart full. 


We stopped by my mom's again after grocery shopping. The girls have been really into playing with all my old Kelly dolls. You know, Barbie's little sister?  I had a ton of them that my mom still has and the girls love them. I like them a lot more than polly pockets because the clothes are much easier to put on. 





And now, I want to share a favorite recipe. If you're looking for a super easy and delicious way to make taco meat, this one is awesome. We have tacos a lot at our house, and I get super tired of the ground beef taco, so I decided to switch things up. I made these easy chicken tacos the other day for dinner. It was quick and easy with little clean up and it was so yummy! I also had left overs, so there were a lot of great options for lunches too.



Here's what you'll need:

I use one large chicken breast, we have a family of 4 and J doesn't usually like meat on her quesadilla (which is what she requests instead of tacos. she's our picky eater).
Your favorite green enchilada sauce
1 lime
chicken broth or a bouillon cube
chopped onions.


I'm not one to measure directly. I never have been. But for this purpose, I'll estimate about how much I put in.

1 large chicken breast
8 oz green enchilada sauce
lime juice from one lime
about 1/2 cup - 1 cup broth (enough to cover half the chicken breast)
a couple TBS of chopped onion. Add more if you like a lot of onion.


Put it all in a crock pot and cook it on high for 4 hours or low for 6. When you are ready to eat it, shred it up with some forks and then it's all ready for you to put on your tacos.


I love it on a salad for left overs with lettuce, chicken, and a little salsa and guacamole mixed in with crushed chips on top.



Do you have any of your old toys still?

What's your favorite way to make tacos?

2 comments:

  1. I love simple recipes like this one - the quicker the better on a weeknight! My fiancee would probably enjoy this chicken version, and it sounds like it could easily be adapted to be vegetarian as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be so easy! Let me know how it goes.

      Delete