Monday, March 21, 2016

Weekend Things

We didn't do much to celebrate St Patrick's day around here, except for wear green.  M and I had a few errands to run while J was at school though. So we made sure to get a special treat to share. Her first donut was a success, even if they were out of the ones with green sprinkles for St Patricks day.  We ended up getting a box of Lucky Charms to go with our breakfast dinner. 
We have a new rule in our house: If you don't like what's for dinner, you can have cold cereal. J doesn't happen to like breakfast food so much. I'm not sure where that came from because I love breakfast. Anyway, getting Lucky Charms for dinner was a good way for me to say we celebrated the holiday and still have a really relaxed day. 


M fell asleep on the way to pick J up. I drove around for a little bit just to make sure she would stay asleep. Because at this point, even a little nap in the car is much better than none. 


Friday morning started out with a workout, even though I really didn't feel like it. It was a good one and help set the tone for the rest of the morning to be a little more productive. 


The rest of Friday (even though I just said it was productive) was spent finishing baby boy's quilt. I hate binding. If it weren't for binding, I'd quilt a lot more. I'm pretty sure I sewed and unpicked about six times. And by the time Trevon got home from work I'd had it. We had a quick dinner and went to my mom's house so she could help me finish the binding the right way. Now, if you don't sew or quilt, that doesn't sound productive. But let me assure you, finishing the binding is very productive for me.

While we were at my mom's house, J and my mom started a puzzle. We all joined in to help after a while, but we left before it was done. So my parents sent me this picture when they finished it. I guess we missed out on the ice cream too.


We came home, put the girls to bed and watched The Intern instead. In the end I had a whole bowl of popcorn myself because Trevon doesn't like popcorn. The movie was pretty good too.

Saturday was full of more errands in the morning that consisted of a car wash, target for Easter stuff, best buy, and petsmart. The last was just because the girls have been begging to go see puppies.  We can't get a puppy yet, but someday. The problem is, petsmart has very little in the puppy department. We ended up watching the dogs get groomed instead of seeing any puppies to play with. Any one in the Utah County area know where to go to see and play with puppies that's free?

What did your weekend look like?

Are you a popcorn lover, or do you prefer a different movie snack?


2 comments:

  1. You can go to the puppy barn. There are lots of different kinds of puppies, but it is always busy with tons of people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of that place and forgot all about it. That might be something we need to look into, thanks.

      Delete