Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Our Weekend Happenings and What We Love about Warm Weather

Last weekend was full of outside fun.  The weather was amazing and we took full advantage of it.

We took a lot of walks, J wanted to ride in the stroller this time and M was happy to walk as long as she was holding J's hand. 


Lately the girls have wanted to play dress up in my old halloween costumes and formal dresses from my high school dances. I'm not using them anymore, so why not?  This is how I've been getting any work done lately.


I went out back to clean our table and chairs off and saw that my plants are starting to come up. I'm hoping that we don't have another surprise freeze (like we did last year) so my plants don't die now that it's warm enough for them to show up. 




I'm sure I'm late on this app, because that's how it goes most of the time. But Trevon showed us this fun app called MSQRD a couple of days ago. The girls think it's hilarious. My favorite is the face swap pictures. 


On Thursday I went outside for a run. I'm loving that it's warm enough to be running outside with out asthma problems.  Running outside is much different than running on a treadmill. I'm usually pretty sore after the first few outside runs of the season. But being pregnant takes soreness to another level in certain places. I foam rolled when I got home, which helped.  There is a little pelvic pain that is starting to happen and I'll probably have to start tapering a little more. I'm just hoping I can keep as much milage as possible before little man comes. That way it will be easier for me to pick back up when I'm all done with recovery. 


We went on a picnic with my sisters and their kids on Friday afternoon. It was so nice and warm. And the kids were happy to play for a while on the playground.  I'm loving my Lilly Jade bag and the idea that I can fit just about anything in it and not have to carry everything separately. 


After our picnic, we went over to my grandma's house to play with even more cousins.  We had 11, all 5 and younger playing there together. This is exactly how I grew up and I love that my girls get to be close to their cousins and play with them all the time. 


This is M's new favorite spot in our house. Anytime she's watching a show, this is where she is. 


On Saturday, we spent most of the day working on pruning our apricot tree. We've never done this before so we didn't know what we were doing. We decided to go to a close by nursery to ask them how to do it correctly. They were super helpful and we came home and got to work. While Trevon was cutting branches down, I got the idea put the blossoming branches in a vase. I know this isn't a new thing to do, but I was pretty proud of myself for thinking of it. I didn't want all that beautiful-ness to just go in the garbage. Now, a couple of days later, we are starting to see them bloom. I'll have to post another picture of them when they are full of blossoms. 


By the time dinner time came around, I was exhausted and ready for it to be bed time. I got dinner cleaned up and sent the girls and Trevon to bath time. While he was taking care of that chore, I laid down to relax for a minute. Then my sister came by and surprised me with this donut! It was the best thing all day.  I've been craving donuts for several weeks now and haven't gotten around to getting one. This was a much needed donut, at just the right time. As you can see, I almost forgot to even take a picture to share with you. Hopefully more donuts will happen in the future. 

Sunday was a regular Sunday. Except for daylight savings. The way it messes with the girls schedules really sucks. But, luckily, M slept in twice in a row now. (My girls never sleep in. So it's a big deal). Now back to the regular routine for the week.

What was the highlight of your weekend?

If you could have one treat right now, what would it be?
  Another donut :)

What's in store for your week?







1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a great week. I'm with you and I could go for a donut right now. I'm craving something sweet.

    ReplyDelete