Wednesday, March 23, 2016

My Running Music Has Changed A Bit

Yesterday I got up early and went to the gym. Because of that, by dinner time I couldn't keep my eyes open. So once dinner was cleaned up, I laid down on the couch and let the girls play. I dozed off for a few minutes, and this woke up to this:


J had covered me with a blanket and they were playing puzzles. It made me happy that J would help keep M busy so she wouldn't wake me up (what normally happens when I nap) and that she was taking care of me at the same time. What a sweetie.


I'm sure I've talked a couple times about how, if I want a treat of my own I have to hide in the pantry. This actually goes for any food. M wants to eat anything I'm eating. This is here asking to have some of my breakfast after she'd already finished a bowl of her own.


My dad says she gets this from me. I believe it. My love for food was passed down to this little one and even though I'd like to eat my own, it's hard for me to resist her little voice asking "I has some mommy?"




This weekend, Trevon found a giant stack of CDs, ok a whole box of CDs and asked why I kept them. I love music, is the easy answer. Among the box of music were a few CDs that were dedicated to running music. So, today I wanted to share some of those running songs that I've had through the years, with all of you. There have been so many songs that I can't list all of them, seriously.  Maybe someday I will dedicate an entire post to my old running music.  Music has made running easier for me from the beginning. But here are some of the songs that bring back all sorts of running memories for me. 
Just a small part of the Cds

Bullets and Butterfly Wings- Smashing Pumpkins
Zombie - The Cranberries
Under Pressure- David Bowie
Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins
Eye of the Tiger- Survivor 
Jenny (8675309)- Tommy Tutone
Getting Jiggy With it- Will Smith
Lose Yourself- Eminem 
Crazy Beautiful - Hansen
Yeah - Usher
All These Things That I've Done - The Killers
Uprising- Muse
Run Don't Walk - Hey Monday
Immortals - Fall Out Boy
Uptown Funk- Bruno Mars
Geronimo - Shepard
Light 'em Up - Fall Out Boy
Shut up and Dance - Walk The Moon
Fight Song - Rachel Platten
Love Runs Out- One Republic
Counting Stars - One Republic

Clearly, my taste in music has changed a little bit from high school.  Looking through my old pump CD's was an interesting memory trip for me. There was clearly an angry/rap/hard core (much of which was a little too embarrassing for me to post here haha) phase and now it's much more upbeat and happier than it used to be. 



And because I ran across this little gem again today, I thought I would share it for your entertainment. This one was even funnier because it was to the Numa Numa song, which Trevon loved in high school. Spider Man dances to any song you put on though, so try it out with any of the other songs, or any song of your choice. 



Do you have a list of running songs?

I have a playlist for normal runs and a play list for races (that I will listen to when I'm really struggling on getting through a run too). I'm also working on an "post workout list" to help motivate me to stretch more. 

What do you do to eat a snack in peace?



No comments:

Post a Comment