Thursday, March 10, 2016

Kids, Pancakes and a Run

Yesterday was one of those days that you're not home at all. Our day started out with breakfast, and then painting while I finished getting ready for what we needed to do that day. This is what I found when I came down stairs.


Apparently the girls thought that water color paints worked well as face paints too. I'm just glad it cleans up easy. 

My sister had some things going on, so we went to her house to play with her kids while she got those things done. One thing I've learned about leggings: They are super comfortable, but I have to get creative if I don't want to carry a purse everywhere, because of the lack of pockets. This is what I came up with for yesterday while walking all 5 kids over to drop J off at school. 


It's a little hard to tell, but I wore my RooSport so I could carry my phone and keys and hold little hands across the street.  It worked pretty well, it made me love my RooSport even more. If you don't know what a RooSport is, you can read my review of it HERE

After J was done with school, and my sister got home, we went to my parents house because J wanted to show them what she did at school.  This has become a little tradition for her after school and I'm ok with it because it gives them some time with their grandma. While I was there, I found out that it was national pancake day. Who can pass up breakfast for dinner?


Because IHOP's wait was insane, we decided to just make our own. Lucky for us, we have Kodiak Pancake mix that is amazing. 

It was really hard for me to find the motivation to run last night. I had heartburn, I was really tired, I was really just ready to sit on the couch and relax a little in my pajamas. But I knew I'd regret it if I didn't go. So I got out the door and ran a mile. It wasn't much, but it was something.  When I got back, Trevon and I noticed how big my profile is starting to look. Sometimes I forget that I'm pregnant, and then I look down, or in a mirror haha. 



Did you have pancakes for national pancake day?

How do you find your kids entertaining themselves lately?


2 comments:

  1. The no pockets thing is a REAL struggle in my world right now. BUT! I refused to buy any more maternity clothes after my jeans ripped adn my dog at my mat. leggings, so I went and got a few pairs of yoga pants at Target - my new favorite pregnancy tip. They make a pair of yoga leggings that are AMAZING - the fold down ones are super comfy and the ones that don't fold over have a little pocket on the inside of the waistband perfect for a phone, license and debit card!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just gotten to the point, as well, that I'm done buying maternity clothes. I'd rather spend the money on clothes I can wear all the time, and not just for a month or two more. I like the idea of yoga pants with a small pocket. I'm also hoping that, since my leggings roll down, I can get away with using them after pregnancy too. We will see how they hold up.

      Delete