Tuesday, March 8, 2016

It Happened Last Weekend

We had a fun filled and busy weekend! Here are a few things that happened.


Friday morning started out with a quick Grokker workout. This one was just enough to get my heart pumping and help me get ready for a busy day.


Next, we went to my mom's house for a while. She's been doing some cleaning and I had a few old things she wanted me to go through. After getting all of the things cleaned out, we went to find me some maternity clothes because, it happened, and I finally can't fit into any jeans...ok I do have one pair I can still fit in but mostly I can't.   I went with leggings because they are super comfy and stretchy. I honestly haven't ever worn leggings before. But the idea of being a little more comfortable was super appealing. 

One thing we found at my mom's house was this book. My uncle illustrated this book and it's my favorite of all the ones he's done so far. Although there have been a lot of other great ones.  I'm pretty sure M agreed with me on that, we read this book 6 times before leaving my parent's house. I'm pretty sure it's out of print, but I did find it HERE if you're interested in buying one for you. 


Then there was a pretty serious game of air hockey that went down. My parents just finished their basement and got the air hockey table up and running again. J was surprisingly good at it. 



After words, we went home and did a much needed quiet time. Quiet time at our house, lately, means movie time. M insisted on holding my hand through the whole movie. I wasn't all that upset about not getting chores done instead, because who would turn down holding this sweet hand to do chores?


Saturday morning began with an outside run. This is the first outside run I've done since being pregnant. It went much better than expected, but I forget every season how sore I am the day after my first outside run. Running on the treadmill is so different than running on pavement. 


I went almost 3 miles, like I said, much better than I'd expected. I haven't been able to get above 2 miles in quite some time. 



After cleaning myself up, we filled the rest of the day with running errands, making visits and having friends over for the evening to play. I love it when the girls can just go play in their room while we can visit with our adult friends. 


And here is a little morning wink from M to get your day started. 




How was your weekend?

Do you have different muscles hurt after your first outside run of the season?




1 comment:

  1. I love maternity clothes from my mom. Moms are the best!

    ReplyDelete