Wednesday, March 16, 2016

A Few Things I'm Looking Forward To After Baby

I know a lot of women who enjoy ever second of being pregnant, and that is great!  I'm not one of those people. With all three pregnancies, I've been excited about being pregnant, having a baby, all that stuff. But, I've never enjoyed pregnancy. I'm sure this is mostly out of selfishness.  Wanting to do things I used to do, wanting to look thin again, wanting to not feel sick or tired or moody most of the time.

I know that there are so many women out there who can't get pregnant or struggle keeping a pregnancy. And I'm not un grateful for my ability to have kids at all. I love my kids, I'm more than thankful for those little blessings. So this post is in no way a self pity/ "I wish I wasn't pregnant" kind of post. But here are a few things I'm excited to get back after having this baby...besides you know, having another sweet baby.



Hard workouts. Not just a short, quick run or a modified gym workout. I want the kind of workout that makes me sweat. It makes me push myself to my limits.  Speed, hill workouts, training for races. That kind of stuff.

Cute clothes. I don't know about you, but I get really tired of wearing and buying maternity clothes. Mostly because I'm a short person, most maternity clothes make me look shorter because they fit looser. Plus, I don't like buying them in the first place because I'm only going to wear them for a few months before I have to go buy something else.



My body. This is the most selfish thing I think I'm counting down to. I'm one of those super lucky people who come back from pregnancy and lose the weight pretty fast. That's not always a blessing, but I'm not going to get into that right now. The thing is, when I start showing, it's all fun and exciting. But then I start getting bigger and everything is uncomfortable.  I look in the mirror and have to remind myself that it's a good thing that I'm getting bigger. I've never been one to worry about my body image or think I look fat. Except when I'm pregnant. This is one reason working out has been such an important thing for me during pregnancy. I'm excited to get back to myself and feel like I don't have to remind myself that it's ok to look a certain way.



Goals. At least with running. I feel like my goal this whole pregnancy has been to keep running as long as possible. And I feel like being almost 7 months and still being able to run 2ish miles is pretty awesome. But I want to get back to racing. I'm ready to sign up for a race and train for it and make goals for progression in that.



I think that, although a lot of people wont admit it, a lot of pregnant women feel similar. It's not that we aren't excited about a baby, it's more just that pregnancy is hard. And the longer you're pregnant, the more things you realize you took for granted before.


Do you have any kids?

What is the hardest thing for you when you're pregnant?



1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to being able to roll over in bed without giving myself a 15-minute pep talk first!

    ReplyDelete