Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Last Week's Happeneings

Last week was busy, but at the same time seemed a little bit uneventful.  On Tuesday night, we did get to go visit some good friends and let the girls play. It's always so fun to get together with them and visit while the girls are busy doing their own thing. But for the most part, the rest of the week looked mostly like this. 


This isn't something that I'm proud to admit, but I'm not one of those moms who like to sit on the floor and play dolls with my kids. I never have been. I'll read books to them, I'll color with them, I'll watch movies, workout, go on walks and errands with them. But for what ever reason it drives me nuts to sit and play with their toys for more than a few minutes. I've also always felt pretty bad about this, so this week I tried to enjoy it. I still don't enjoy it, and honestly, that's ok. They play well together and with other kids, and I try to teach them important things like cleaning up after themselves and other things like that. 

Right now one of the girls' favorite things to do is to put princess music on, pick a toy and dance with it. So we did a lot of that and playing with the doll house this week. 


 I've hit the stage in this pregnancy that I'm always hungry. I could eat all day long, seriously. It's not a great time of year to be doing that because instead of a lot of fresh fruit being on hand, we have a lot of chocolate and junk food. Luckily, Costco had a good deal on raspberries last week so I picked some up. Because raspberries on everything tastes great. Today, for part of my lunch, I had a bowl of raspberries with a little whipped cream on top. I'm also loving them in my cereal in the mornings or on some waffles or pancakes. Healthy, way more filling, and they hold me off longer than a piece of chocolate.


Not a lot of running happened last week. During the week my workouts happened at home, through Grokker, instead. Saturday I did get a couple of miles in, but they were hard miles. I started to feel like maybe I should be done running this pregnancy (not that 2 miles being 24 weeks pregnant is a bad amount), but then I saw this article and I decided to stop being so whiney. 

Sarah Brown is due with her first baby in March, and she's still training for this years olympics. You can read the full article HERE. Suddenly running a mile or two being this pregnant doesn't sound quite so bad. Of course you still have to listen to your body (which Sarah talks about) but working out is definitely not impossible while you're pregnant. 



Anyone have any healthy-ish snacks for me to try?

Who's excited for the summer olympics? What's your favorite event?

Of course I love to watch the running, but also the swimming and gymnastics have always been a favorite. 



4 comments:

  1. I'm not pregnant but I can relate that I always feel like I'm hungry ha ha. I tend to snack on fruit and yogurt as well. Cottage cheese is a staple for me too.

    I like the Summer Olympics a lot. I swam for 15 years so it's definitely my favorite but as a now runner, I love watching running too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think running definitely contributes to being hungry all the time. I us d to get cottage cheese all the time, but I have t gotten it for a while. Now that it's starting to warm up and we will start getting fresh fruit that will be something I'll eat more often.

      Delete
  2. All the time my parents (who I talk to on the phone about once every week or two) will ask, "So what have you been up to?" and I can't think of a single thing to tell them, but I know it must have been something because I'm exhausted!

    I don't like playing with toys, either. I'd much rather do all those things you mentioned. Every once in a while I'll make a concerted effort to sit down and play dollhouse with my 4-year-old and time goes by so slowly. But really, she's happy if I just play for 5 minutes and excuse myself, and most of the time she'd rather play toys with her siblings anyway. They're more fun and creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm so glad I'm not the only mom who does that. Time drags when I have to play those kinds of things. And I still feel bad that I feel so annoyed about it but I'm working on it haha.

      Delete