Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Making Snowmen and Working On Running While Pregnant

We got more snow last week. The kids were pretty excited about it. So we played in it for a while. 


There wasn't much of it, but the girls really wanted to try sledding. It didn't go so well, so M just spent most of the time eating the snow while J and I worked on this snowman.  He looks a little dirty because there was almost as many leaves as snow on the ground.  We didn't have a carrot for the nose or coal, so we substituted those with pine cone eyes, a leaf mouth and bark buttons. The girls were proud of it even if he did look messy.  (It did turn out much better than our first one).

After coming inside and getting warmed up and lunch in our bellies, we had some quiet time. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up to the girls playing with stamps. I had mixed feelings about that. I was really happy to see them playing together with out fighting, even though I was asleep. But I was a little nervous about the fact that the stamps were out on my carpet and two little girls were taking charge of them. It all turned out ok though. 


One night last week I went running. I really wanted a whole chocolate cake to myself, but I knew that wouldn't work out well. So I went running and made it two miles! 


One important thing to remember when you're pregnant and running is that it's normal to not pull the same numbers as you did when you're not pregnant.  At this point I'm working my milage back up to 3 miles, and I know that my time is just not going to be near what I can do when I'm not pregnant. It's ok. It's important to listen to your body and take things a little slower and easier during pregnancy.  For me, that means that I don't run as far, as often or as fast as normal.  



It's also important to remember that it will all come back once the baby comes and I get the ok to run again. If you're in the same situation right now, where you're not going as far, fast or as often, remember to be patient with yourself and do what's right for your body right now. 

I sent my running belt back, that I got for Christmas. It just wasn't working the right way for me. So I ordered a different one and it will hopefully be here soon so I can try it out. If it goes well, I hope to up my running from once a week to 2-3 times a week, but as I stated before, listen to your body. So we will see. 


Anyone else have to give themselves pep-talks about listening to your body?

What do you do when your sweet cravings are a little out of control?




3 comments:

  1. Okay, so yesterday I took my kids sledding and was going down the hill with my 1-year-old in a sled, bending down, 6 months pregnant, and feeling like I was pretty much the awesomest. Then I hear about running 3 miles (which I can't even do NOT pregnant!) Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha sledding is way more work then people give it credit for. Especially taking a little one down. Then you have to hike them back up the hill. Even a small hill with all the snow gear on is a lot of work.

      Delete
  2. I ate a lot of ice cream when I was pregnant. More calcium, right? That's great that you are running! I downhill skied when I was pregnant, but that was only until I was 4 months along.

    ReplyDelete