Thursday, December 10, 2015

So Far This Week

I woke up today with a little more energy than I have had in a while. I got the girls dressed, fed and playing together nicely while I did more chores. Started laundry, did some dishes, swept and mopped the floors, wiped down the counters, and vacuumed. All before 9:30 in the morning. While I was cleaning I was thinking of this blog and felt a little more drive for writing on it more than I have. Hello second trimester energy! *please bless this sticks around for a while*.

Heres a small update on the week. It's not much since much hasn't happened. But, here it is anyway:

Monday I didn't go to the gym. The girls had been waking up and coming into our room to see if it was time to get up at crazy hours of the night. 2 in the morning is not ok for you to wake up. And most of the time when this happens, it takes me an hour or more to get back to sleep. So sleep hadn't been happening much and I was too exhausted to go. This turned out to be a good thing though, because when I finally did get up and going, I started noticing an old injury was bothering me again. Back in high school, I pulled all my butt muscle in my left side some how and it caused me to have really bad hip and back pain. Our athletic trainer didn't know what it was and so after a month or so of constant pain and no running, we checked it out with BYU's athletic trainers. Why we didn't just go to a doctor, I'm not sure. Probably a pride issue on my part. Anyway, they figured it out and started treating it with STEM and not just ice. And it went away. The point is, it was randomly killing me to walk again. By the time the girls were in bed I'd decided to put a heating pad on it and see if it would loosen things up.

On Tuesday, things were worse. I foam rolled it first thing in the morning, thinking maybe I had a big knot in there somewhere. I did my best to stay off of it for the day. But, by dinner time I was hobbling around the kitchen like an old lady with out her walker. So no running that night. Instead I laid on the couch and watched Fixer Upper with a heating pad and some Tylenol.

Wednesday was a little better. My sister invited J to come play with her kids while I ran errands. So I dropped J off and too M to Costco.  The plan was to also stop by Target to start gathering the stocking stuffers but by the time we were done at Costco, my leg told me we were done walking and shopping. So we dropped the groceries off and went back to my sisters to have lunch and play.  It was really nice to have the girls just play while I could sit and rest. After we went home and did quiet time, the girls were invited to play at their friends house and I was perfectly fine with that.  It gave me a little bit to catch a nap.

Today I'm feeling almost back to normal. Hopefully by the time the girls are in bed I'll still fee like I have the energy to go on a little run and see how things go. It's been about a month since I've been able to go run so it could be interesting.

Sorry for the lack of pictures to go with these posts lately. It's not something I've been thinking about as much as normal. We will work on that.

How is your week going?

Ever had an old injury randomly flare up?

2 comments:

  1. Could your back pain be your SI joint? Pregnancy causes it to loosen up and it can be really painful. My left one flares up every pregnancy on and off starting in the 2nd trimester.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could have something to do with it. But it felt just like when I pulled it. The good news is that I took care of it and now it's all better! Yay!

      Delete