Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas Week

It's been a while since I've posted. We've had a mix of crazy, hard days and crazy, fun days. It's all a little bit of a blur. 

For starters, we had a few days of crazy hard.  A mix of no naps, forgetting lots of stuff at the grocery store and having to make several trips back with the girls and, because of no normal naps, late naps that result in really ornery toddlers when they are woken up for dinner. 


 I got a special treat to help me get through some days. And the girls got a special treat to be good while I did the shopping for what we forgot.


We had a white out one day. It lasted all morning. This picture doesn't do it justice because I can see further in this picture than I could with my eyes. 

This happens every time we get a car wash. M is scared to death of it so she hides from the time we pull in to the time we leave. J, on the other hand, loves getting the car washed. 
This is what Christmas eve looked like for us. Most of the day was spent wrapping and playing at home. The evening was spent at my parent's house watching the kids play the nativity.  This was the first time we've done this with just our family and it was fun to watch.  M was so proud of her costume she wouldn't take it off until we went home. 







This is what Christmas morning looked like for us. Despite M's facial expression in the last picture, she really loved her little people doll house. J got very special princess dolls from Santa. She loves them but she has to be careful with them when she's playing. 


I got this Lily Jade diaper bag I've been wanting for over a year. Now I can finally stop entering their contests. I love this bag more than I thought I would too!

Trev got new church shoes and we also got matching nightstands for our room since we haven't had matching nightstands...ever.  


We found out the gender of our little one early, and announced it at christmas. We are adding a little boy to the mix! Trevon and I are pretty excited about it, but J is still warming up to the idea of a brother. 

Since Christmas we've had a lot of playing and relaxing.  We are working at getting back into a good routine for all of us. 


How was your Christmas?

How do you get back into the swing of things after the holidays?





2 comments:

  1. Love the bag! It's always tough to get back into the swing of things after the holidays. I'm still easing in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A boy!! How exciting! And yay, a Lily Jade bag!! You'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete