Wednesday, November 25, 2015

My Weekend and Some Thanksgiving Questions

How was everyone's weekend?  I hope it was great for everyone.  Here's a little of what our weekend looked like:

Friday night Trev and I watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.  Every year at this time, we watch one Harry Potter movie a week.  This is mostly because I love Harry Potter. I don't think Trev would care so much if we let this tradition go, but that won't be happening.

Saturday morning I woke up with a stuffy nose. Hoping it was just congestion due to the cold weather, I got up and started marking off the to-do list. We did a lot of cleaning in the morning and then went out to do some Christmas shopping for cousins who live out of state.  Normally we wouldn't do this until after Thanksgiving, but since we need to ship the presents we wanted to make sure they got to where they need to be in plenty of time.
By the time we got home from one store, I was done.  Not only was my nose stuffy, but my throat hurt and I was exhausted. So to bed I went for the rest of the day.

Sunday was my brother in laws fairwell. He leaves on his LDS mission for two years next week. That was a big deal for us and I really felt that I needed to go. I got up and started getting ready and I told myself, and Trevon that I would do my very best to make it, but if I started feeling sick I wasn't going to spread it around. Luckily I felt great during the meeting and was able to support him in that. We went home to change our clothes and grab some chairs for the luncheon  and headed back to his dad's house.  The first few hours there were great, but by 1:00 in the afternoon, I was done again. So we came home and I went back to bed again.
We were invited to go hang with some friends that evening, and the girls really wanted to play with their little girl. So Trev took the girls after dinner and I stayed home to rest.  By the time Trev got home I was even worse. So I slept while he read and then we both went to bed.

Not an exciting weekend. Monday was better though. I didn't have a fever or aches anymore. We took it easy and did a few chores here and there with lots of laying down in between. Thats how the last few days have been. Lots of laying around and working on getting better! Hopefully by doing that, I will feel great by Thanksgiving.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving weekend!  Here are some Thanksgiving weekend questions for you:

Do you have a big family Thanksgiving party or do you keep it simple with a few friends?

  -We have big Thanksgiving dinners and I wouldn't change that at all.

Any other Thanksgiving traditions besides the meal?

Favorite part of the meal?

What are you thankful for this year?
  
 - My family for sure! I don't know what I would have done with out Trevon the last few days. So glad I have him. 

2 comments:

  1. One Thanksgiving tradition my fiancee and I have had since we met is to watch Planes, Trains and Automobiles either before Thanksgiving or on Thanksgiving night. It's a fun movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A movie night is always a good tradition.

      Delete