Friday, November 20, 2015

5 Thoughts for Friday

Today I thought I'd just share some random things that have come to my mind lately.

1. I'm so glad that boot cut jeans are coming back. Mostly just because this means that I can wear good, comfortable shoes with my jeans without looking ridiculous.  The one reason I hate skinny jeans is because they force you to wear un-supportive, uncomfortable shoes all day. I can't tell you how happy my feet have been being able to wear my old running shoes around all day instead of flats.



2. My girls have been ready to kill each other all week. Literally, there hasn't been a day this week that they have not constantly been fighting. M stopped napping almost completely. J won't share the toys...ugh!  I pulled out the old "Santa is watching" threat early this year, (I'm a Christmas only after Thanksgiving person). I'm hoping that it will remind them to be nice. We also have been reading a lot of Llama Llama books. Especially this one. I'm thinking I'll get this one next.



3.  My kids like disney movies a lot.  J watches one for quiet time almost every day.  Latley it's been Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. Sometimes while she's watching it and I can hear it in the back ground, I feel like I've been a lot like the beast lately.  Hopefully J doesn't like watching it because she can sympathize with Belle haha. I hope I'm not always the scary mom, anyone else feel that way?




4. We've been talking a lot about flu shots at our house lately.  I hate getting shots and almost never get a flu shot. I think vaccines are fantastic and I believe they work. I just hate getting shots myself. This year the Dr gave us the option to get the flu mist instead, but they were out of it at the time. Well, when they got it back in, we found out our insurance doesn't cover it. The day after we decided to get the flu shot soon, J got the flu.  Just one more reason to make me not want to get one now.  Her flu, luckily only lasted a day. (Let me clarify, the flu is not a throwing up kind of sick. It's an upper respiratory infection.  Meaning stuffy nose, sore throat, fever, achy muscles. So next time you get a stomach bug, don't say you got the flu, you didn't).  Anyway, I'll probably send Trev and M to get a flu shot together because I still don't want one unless someone is making me get it. 


5. We've been thinking about Christmas gift ideas for the girls. I think we have a good idea for what to get J, but M is harder.  She's not picky at all with toys, which you think would make it easier, but it's not because there are so many options. And what do we get her that she wont take J's away from her instead? Two year old toy suggestions are welcome.  She just really likes everything. 

 What's on your mind today?




2 comments:

  1. Beauty and the Beast has always been one of my favorite disney movies since I was little! I'm sure your little girls don't think you're like the beast even if you feel like it. I don't ever get flu shots. No reason really. I just don't feel like I need one and the one time my mom got a flu shot she ended up getting the flu haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had that happen with a flu shot too. I asked my brother about it when he started his residency and he said it wasn't the vaccine, it was because I was exposed to the virus around the same time as getting the shot. It takes a few days for the flu to show its self. So it can be picked up anywhere. If you do end up getting a shot it's best to get it as early as possible. I don't understand it all completely, and I'm still not good at getting the flu shot myself.

      Delete