Monday, October 19, 2015

What to Write About

Oh you guys. Where has the inspiration to write gone? It's been about a month now since I've really felt the urge to write and had a really great idea. (You see, I schedule my posts that I write before hand. Now those posts are all posted, and my scheduled list is gone).


Do you know how many lists of things to write about when you don't know what to write about I've looked through on pinterest?  They all are the same except for maybe 2 or 3 on the list.

1. Facts about you (like THIS one and THIS one)
2. What would you do if you had all the money in the world
3. An embarrassing moment.
4. A goal that you have. 
And so on.

Well, some of them I've taken and written about. But do I really want people to know about my most embarrassing moments? (It's a toss up between throwing up in front of all the 4th grade, Trying to get into the wrong motorhome, thinking my parents were leaving me at the gas station, and accidentally flashing my whole family because my swim suite adjusted and I didn't realize it until the life jacket was off.)


I'm not sure what it is lately. I have a lack of ideas and a lack of drive to do this blog lately. I love the friendships I've made. I've put a lot of work into this space and I'm not just going to delete it. But I do think I might need to revamp it. I need it to change in some way. I need to feel like I'm getting something out of it again.

Some thoughts on what might change (but really I have no idea how likely any of them are.) A bigger focus on running/fitness/health because I have a lot more ideas come to me about that. Paying for a domain name, but I'd have to have money to pay for that. Changing to writing three times a week instead of once a day.  Who knows, maybe all of it. Maybe none of it.

Here's the deal, and I really do need the impute on this, what do you guys as readers want from this blog?  What are your favorite kinds of posts? Do you even read daily?

This is what bloggers burn out looks like for me. Good thing I'm determined to work through it. Until then I'll keep looking at cute pictures of my kids and wishing I would have made this cute 1 year old J Ellen Degenerous for halloween... She ended up being a bear, cute, but not as awesome.



What kind of burn outs do you suffer from most?

No comments:

Post a Comment