Friday, October 9, 2015

Five on Friday

This week has been a busy and interesting one. General Conference started it off with some amazing inspiration and encouragement.  I got several answers to questions I've been having lately.

Here are some of the things that have happened this week, that I'm loving:

1. We started potty training M on a whim.  With J we went all out all at once. No pull ups except for bed time and all big girl panties.  This time I decided to take things a little slower. M is younger than J was when she started. And I wasn't 100% sure she was ready. So far she's doing really well. But not ready for big girl underwear yet.


2. Trev surprised me with this beautiful Bosch! Oh my goodness, you guys! I grew up baking with a Bosch and I loved using it.  Before getting married I got a kitchen aid, which I was so thankful for and excited about. But the more I used my kitchen aid, the more I noticed things I didn't like about it. Trevon has heard me say a few times that I prefer the Bosch, but I was ok with what I had.  Well, while I was making cookies, Trev surprised me with this!  It's not new, but it's beautiful and I'm super excited about using it. There are so many things I love about it.  Now I will be selling my Kitchen aid which should end up paying for the Bosch anyway.

3.  I got this sample of Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes.  I'm not a make up person. I usually buy the cheapest brand.  I don't know where to start looking for make up things most of the time.  I wear very minimal make up.  I was excited to receive this sample from Brand backer in exchange for an honest review of the product and here it is.  It's different than I thought it would be, which pleasantly surprised me. Instead of focusing on making your lashes longer by putting fake lashes on, it makes them thicker too.


There are two different sticks that you use. First you apply a small coat of their mascara, then you add as much of the fiber lashes (the second tube) they stick to your mascara. Then you finish it up by adding one more coat of mascara to seal them on.
It has helped thicken my lashes a little, which is great. It's easy to apply, and seems like a fairly generous amount in each tube.  However, I don't think I'd buy them again just because, like I'd said earlier, I'm kind of a cheap-o when it comes to make up.



4. Our cruise line (NCL) sent us a thank you email with a free shutterfly book coupon. I love shutterfly! I will share what I decided to use the book coupon for soon!


5.  Race day is on Saturday and I'm really excited and a little nervous. I always get nervous for races. But it will be a fun girls night and a fun race. More on that to come soon as well.






What's making you smile today?


2 comments:

  1. I had boys and they were so hard to potty train. Now thinking I don't think boys are ever really potty trained, lol. My cat just laying here by my side all day is making my day. Have a great day
    bakingrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard boys are way harder to potty train. I think it has to do with them thinking they can just go anywhere haha. Thanks for reading!

      Delete