Thursday, October 22, 2015

Five For Friday: Fall Traditions

What a week. This week has felt so long. We have had party after party happening. My days have been so mixed up. I thought Wednesday was Friday and I've been thinking today was Wednesday all day long.

We love all the fun fall activities going on though. So today I'm going to share 5 fun fall things we have done, or plan to do this fall.  (Although there are way more than 5 things we have planned).

1. We have gone to a pumpkin patch. This should be a must for anyone with kids. We like Pumpkin land in Vineyard Utah. They have a cute pumpkin patch but they also have so many fun things for the kids to do and it's cheap!

2. Birthday parties galore. We have so many birthdays in the fall (we have more birthdays in August, but that's besides the point).  M turned 2 last week, my dad's birthday was this week, my mom's birthday is in November. And one of J's best friends birthday was also this week. So we go to a lot of parties. I'm always up for a good party.

3. Cornbellys. This was not cheap. But it was fun for the kids to find several different activities that they liked. I think instead of doing this next year, though, we will check out the free pumpkin patch in Springville Utah instead. I've heard it's pretty amazing. And you can't really beat free.



4. My grandma's Skeleton Soup Party. This has been a tradition for as long as I can remember. Before all the kids go trick-or-treating, we head over to my grandma's house for a Skeleton soup dinner (which is just chicken noodle soup but sometimes she hides plastic skeletons in it for the kids). We all dress up and take pictures and have a good time.  It's a big deal.

5. The turkey shoot. This is also a family tradition that I can't even remember when it started. All of the uncles, husbands, dads, cousins.... go down to a little bit of property that my uncle owns. They all bring their guns and lots of ammo. And we take turns shooting, not actual turkeys because that would be a lot more food than we could keep up with, but clay pigeons. It's been a while since I've gone down (since I started having kids) but it's a fun tradition. We have a trophy for whoever hit the most targets.
photo credit to my uncle Guy. 

Wanna join in on this 5 for friday link up? 



What are your favorite family traditions in the fall time?

No comments:

Post a Comment