Thursday, October 15, 2015

A Little Running Break

Hello everyone, Since my race I have taken a few days off from running.  We have been pretty busy around here, but I also just needed a few recovery days.

On Monday I went to my early morning class. I haven't been for 2 weeks and I certainly felt it.  It was good to be back, but I was sore and super tired by the girls' quiet time. So I took a little rest with them.

Instead of running on Tuesday, Trev and I had a date. It was our anniversary so we went to dinner and a movie. Any one see The Scorch Trials yet? What did you think?

Wednesday was a different kind of exercise. My grandparents own a cabin close by and it's beautiful up there. My sister and I decided to take our kids up for a couple of hours and we spent the day running around, hiking and taking pictures. There's nothing better. Plus we don't get cell service up there, and it's always refreshing to leave the phone and focus on nature and kids and other things that are way more important that social media.

Now it's back to the running. In store for the night is a nice easy run. We will be focusing on a lot of 5k's and working on some pace in the next little while. Although we will definitely be doing some hills too.

I don't know when I'll be doing another race, but until then I'm going to focus on cutting my time down as much as I can handle right now.

Since I don't have any running pictures right now for you all to see (which you're probably happy about anyway) heres a picture of one of our biggest blessings.


This has to be one of the prettiest views on earth. And I've been so lucky to grow up as this as my home away from home. 

I'll have more on running soon. But for now I'm enjoying a little break.

What do you do on your day off?

Do you have a special place you like to go got get away from the rest of the world?

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!! A afternoon getaway with your sister and kids sounds like a blast. Sometimes it's super refreshing and relaxing to get away from your phone. It looks incredibly beautiful wherever that picture is from!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture is up at the cabin. It's a beautiful place! I hope I will always be able to go there.

      Delete