Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Lots of Speed Workouts and Foam Rolling for Recovery

Well, I don't know about you, but fall is certainly making an appearance around here. It's fun to see the color changing and feel the change coming. It's always fun to have the seasons change when you have kids.  They get so excited about it and theres so many fun activities you can do.  But, when fall comes, it brings the cold with it.

I was loving the warm weather on the cruise, and I came back to cooler weather here. The only bad thing about that, is that I don't like running in the cold.  And let me tell you, I've struggled running in it the last few days.


We took our speed work out inside.  It hurt for the first few minutes because I went to pump class the day before with my mom. I don't remember everything that we did in class that day, but I was feeling it for the next few days. 


Anyone know a good stretch that will get that spot? I seriously tried everything I know and I could not stretch it out. That was the tightest muscle on my body. Running helped loosen it up pretty well though. 


I'm still getting used to these headphones. I love that they are wireless, but they feel pretty big on my tiny ears. If you're looking for a good pair of earbuds that are wireless (especially if you have normal sized ears) you can find these HERE.  



I saw these clouds on my way home from the clubhouse.  The picture doesn't look great, but the clouds looked pretty good in real life. 


One way to help sore, tight muscles, is to foam roll.  I'm a little late with foam rolling.  I got this foam roller for my birthday and I love it.  It only takes a few minutes. I use it after a hard pump class or a long run.  And I'm always surprised how much it helps.  It also helps you with preventing injury. And who doesn't like a little massage?  If you haven't tried foam rolling yet, I highly suggest getting one and using it regularly. 


How were your workouts last week?  

Anyone have a fun gym class they go to regularly?


2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of foam rolling before. I guess I'm not on the inner circle of hot new things having to do with working out. But I already knew that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should definitely try it. It feels like someone is giving you a massage any time you want.

      Delete