Wednesday, September 2, 2015

J's First Day and Our Currently Post

Can you believe how fast August went? It feels like it should still be the beginning of the summer to me. But it's not.  I thought I'd link up with Jenna and Anne again for our Currently post, but I also want to talk a little bit about J and school.

I signed J up for preschool at the beginning of the year. The school we got her in fills up that fast. So I've been anticipating her going for a long time and preparing myself (and her) for it.

On Thursday we got to go to a little meet and greet with her teacher.  So we dropped M off at my mom's and went over.

J got to pick her seat, and then while I was picking the field trips I'd be able to help with, her teacher, Ms Peay, was seeing how smart she already was. She had her count some pencils, name all the colors and several shapes.

While we were there we also found out that 2 of J's really good friends, who happened to both move in on either side of us at the same time, are going to be in J's class. You guys do not even know how happy that makes me.  To know she will already have friends in her class makes me feel so much more relaxed about her going.

J's first real day of school was yesterday.


She went in and sat right down in her seat. She was so excited to be there!  I did really well with the whole thing too, and I didn't even cry.



Now for our currently portion of this post:


Reading: I'm not really reading anything. I keep thinking about how nice it would be to read, but with getting my chores around the house done, getting J ready for school, running, and scheduling, writing, and editing blog posts, it doesn't leave a whole lot of time to read.  So I'm thinking I'm going to have to either find a book on tape to listen to during my runs or, I'm going to have to make a sacrifice here and there to read.


Making:  Lists. When you're getting ready to leave little ones with babysitters for more than a few hours, you have a lot of stuff to let the babysitters know.  So we make lists. Lists of schedules, bedtime routines, dinner ideas, emergency numbers....lists.


Pinning: I don't even know. I feel like my pinteresting lately has been everywhere.


Anticipating: Our upcoming cruise. We've saved up and we have worked hard to make it happen.


Loving: My two new skirts I got from a Agnes and Dora wear house sale. I got these two for $15! Can you believe that? And I love them. I've never been really good at trendy fashion, so now I'm working on what to wear them with.






9 comments:

  1. I was super bummed to miss that wearhouse sale! I wanted to go so bad! Those skirts are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite the long line but it ended up being right by my house so I had to go. We probably waited in line for an hour. But finding the cute skirts was totally worth it.

      Delete
  2. Where is she going to preschool? I'm trying to find somewhere for Caitlyn next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is she going to preschool? I'm trying to find somewhere for Caitlyn next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's at someone's house. She's in grandmas ward and she is fantastic. I will Facebook message you her info.

      Delete
  4. We just did the first day of daycare here with my 2-year-old, so it felt a little like the first day of preschool... tears at the start, but fun overall. Sounds like your little one did great, and she's such a cutie with her backpack! Love the striped skirt too. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was a little nervous to buy it because I haven't had a skirt like that and wasn't sure what to wear with it. Learn as you go though.

      Delete
  5. I really want to hear about this cruise after you get back. That is on my list of things I want to do in the next 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, be watching for a post about yet, it'll happen.

      Delete