Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Smart Snack Decisions and An At Home Workout

This week has been hard for me to find motivation to go running. And sometimes it's ok to take a break. So honestly I've only run twice this week.

Last night, when we finally got the girls in bed, I wasn't feeling up to a run.  So Trevon and I relaxed and watched TV and just lounged on the couch.  It was actually really nice to spend a little time alone with him like that, I think it's been a while.

Around 9:00 I started craving a treat. Of course, this happens when I don't work out all week and that late at night.  So instead of having my regular bowl of ice cream, I was good and I had a bowl of strawberries with whipped cream on top.



If anyone is looking for a healthy, easy snack, this is a great option. It satisfied all my cravings and it was delicious and filling.


Because I was feeling lazy, I knew I needed to at least do some kind of work out the next morning so I decided to call my friend who lives next to us and see if she had any work out videos I could borrow.  She's a beach body coach, and while I don't usually use beach body products, it was a good alternative for having to figure out how to get to the gym (it was Trevon's morning to workout) or not work out at all. Lucky for me, she had the 21 day fix for me to use.




So I got up and did the first work out on the disc. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. The work out was supper simple. It was easily modified, which I did a lot of because I don't have free weights here at home (I wish I did though). It was simple moves to follow and it was a quick workout that still worked me hard. I may have to borrow this a few more times on my lazy days.

Because I didn't have any weights to do the work out with, my legs got a great work out but my arms didn't. So I decided to start the 100 push up challenge again.   I did this years ago and saw some really great results in my shoulders. But since then, I've gotten back to having really weak shoulders. So this was a perfect time for me to start again.

If you're looking for a really easy arm work out to do at home in a matter a few minutes, do this one.  You start out by seeing where you "rank" in the program. You just do this by seeing how many push ups you can do in a row and then find it on the chart. Right now I'm a rank 3.  Then you just find the week you're on and do how ever many push ups it tells you to do that day. Super easy.

You can start at your own pace. You can do it with your feet against the wall to start out, this just makes it a tiny bit easier. You can start doing the challenge on your knees and work up to doing them on your feet. Do what you need to do, but challenge yourself to push a little harder each time.




What do you do when you have to work out at home?

Any other beach body people?

What's your favorite exercise video?

No comments:

Post a Comment