Tuesday, August 4, 2015

My Favorite Running Things

Lately I've been noticing that I have a lot of favorites when it comes to running stuff.  Having favorite running things, whether they be clothes, songs, routes or accessories, are a great help to keep you motivated to run and help you enjoy doing it more often.

Here are a few of my favorite running things:




This is my favorite running outfit.


These shorts and shirt all came from Old Navy. They are comfortable and they weren't too expensive. And in the case of "you get what you pay for" these were actually a really great steal. I've had them both for over 2 years and they are still like new. 
The socks are called the Write Sock. They are comfortable, they don't get all stretched out. And they have  blister protection on the back. You can buy them on Amazon HERE.


This is my favorite sports bra. 


It's a champion sports bra that my mom got me from Target. You can ask me what kind of champions bra it is, but I wouldn't be able to tell you, sorry.  I like it because it's supportive and comfortable. I don't feel like the elastic is too tight, which can be a big problem. It fits really well and the straps are adjustable.  I also like the cut of this sports bra. I'm not a person who thinks I have to look nice to go run or go to the gym, but I like that this one has a v-neck because then I know it's not going to be showing above my neck line.  


These are my favorite running shoes.


They are Mizuno Wave Riders and to be fair, they are really the only running shoes I've ever worn since high school.  I just keep going back to them because they are comfortable and I know that they work for my feet.  I tried Nike once, and that's when all the shin splint problems started. So I got rid of them and never went back. 


My favorite running songs at the moment are:

Geronimo--Sheppard

Immortals--Fall Out Boy

Light 'em Up--Fall Out Boy

Crazy Beautiful--Hanson

Under Pressure--David Bowie

Sam's Town--The Killers

Uprising--Muse

All These Things That I've Done--The killers

Going The Distance--Cake

Lake of Fire--Nirvana


My favorite running app is Map My Run and Footpath.  Map My Run helps you track your milage, splits, and route. It also will tell you through your head phones how far you've gone and what your current and overall pace is. Footpath helps you map out a route before your run. It will tell you your milage for the route as well. 



My favorite running accessory that I have is my roosport. I post about this a lot, but it's because it is so great. It's a magnetic pocket that you clip onto your shorts. It holds your phone, keys, gels and/or money that you need. I use it every single time I go running. You can get a roosport Here.




What are some of your running favorites?

Do you like to plan your route before you go, or just see where you end up?







No comments:

Post a Comment