Monday, August 3, 2015

Favorite Movie Quotes

Who are all the movie lovers out there?  I love movies, and even though I don't get to watch them as much as I used to, I still love curling up on the couch with some snacks and a movie.

If you asked me what my favorite movie is, I don't know if I could give you an answer. There are just so many really great movies out there. And I like just about every kind of movie--except for scary or horror movies. I hate them and I will not watch them.

It's a pretty common thing around our house to quote movies.  Whether it's in an actual conversation or just in talking about movies, it happens. Trevon often tells me that I can't quote the movie while we are watching the movie. I know that bugs a lot of people, but some how it got to be a habit I really struggle with breaking.


Because of this, I thought it would be fun to share my favorite movie lines and a little bit about the movies themselves.


Starting off with a classic: A League of Their Own. If you haven't seen this, I don't know where you have been the past 20ish years, but go get it and watch it now.  I love this movie. I even had my girls be Rockford Peaches last year for Halloween.

This movie is about two sisters during WWII.  While all the men were off at war, the sport industry struggled.  So they decided to start and all women's baseball team. The two sisters (Dottie and Kit) end up trying out for the league and make it.
It's a comedy with a really great story and some really great lessons on the bond between sisters.

This is one that gets quoted all of the time.  There are so many things that we quote out of this movie that if I were to write them all, I'd be quoting the whole movie.


 photo tumblr_m3qrf8lvmz1qk5o5fo1_500_zps48hnd3rw.gif

"Theres no crying in baseball!"


 photo anigif_enhanced-22032-1412703576-16_zps0rllsatr.gif

"You're gonna lose. You stink."
"We're gonna win, we're gonna win!"


Another one of my favorite movies is Anne Of Green Gables. This is no surprise to those of you who have been reading for a while. I grew up watching Anne and I learned so much from those movies.  Anne of Green Gables is a story of a girl (Anne) who is an orphan and gets taken in by a brother and sister. They raise her and you see her grow up through out the movie.  It's one movie that is definitely close to my heart. There are a lot of great life lessons in this movie, and a lot of really great quotes that come a long with them.


"Tomorrow is a new day, with no mistakes in it." Clearly this is a quote that I use a lot. I even wrote about it HERE.


Theres about a million and a half other great quotes in this movie, but for the sake of time I'll skip to one of the quotes at the end. Anne says:

"I discovered that it's not what the world holds for you, it's what you bring to it." Because isn't that true?  The world only has so much to offer on it's own, we are the ones who decide how the world works.



There, of course, are some disney movies quoted at our house. We do have kids and all. Usually these quotes turn into a game. We say a quote and the girls guess what movie it is.


"Oh well, we tried."   Any one know what movie that is?


How about "Oh I see."


Or "There's one in every family Sire. Two in mine actually."


"It's my birthday gift to me! I'm so happy!"








I know that there are several other movies that get quoted in our house. I'm just going to be able to write them all down. And while I hope this was a fun post for you all to read, I really don't think everyone would have time to sit and read all the quotes. So we will save some for later posts.



What are some of your favorite movies?

Who can tell me the answers to the Disney movie quotes?




2 comments:

  1. I love A League of Their Own! Probably my favorite Tom Hanks movie of all time. My little brother used to rewind the movie (yes, this was when there were VCRs, people) so Tom Hanks kept yelling "Who's Lou??" with a crazy look on his face when the bus broke down. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha "Who's Lou?!" I started out with a VHS too. We would get the All American League song stuck in our heads for weeks.

    ReplyDelete