Monday, August 24, 2015

A Post of 27 Things For You

This week I'm turning 27. So in honor of my golden birthday this week, I'm sharing 27 things with you.



3 Things I want to try:

Food trucks. They've been around for quite a while now but I've never tried eating at one. I feel a little lame about that because they seem cool.  We just don't ever think about that as an option when we go out to eat.

Drive in movies. Again, I feel lame that I've never been to one. But most of the drive in theaters in my area are gone. I never got to go as a kid, but I think it would be a fun experience.

Surfing.  I love stuff like this.  I grew up doing a lot of water sports so it just seems fun.  I would hope that it would come easy to me but I can't say that it would. Maybe someday I'll find out.



3 Products that I love

Melissa and Doug reusable stickers. This is one of my favorite toys my daughters have.  They love stickers but I hated how you could only use them once and they were done and all that money was gone so quickly.  But then I found these reusable stickers and we use them all the time.  There are a lot of different options to choose from, and they are low maintenance. You can find some HERE.

Roosport, this is no surprise. I've written a lot about the roosport. You can read about it HERE.


NYX dark circle concealer is my favorite make up product. I wear it every day because even on the days that I get enough sleep, I don't look like I get the sleep I need. It's just part of being a mom I think. You can find some for you HERE.



3 pictures of the past




"oooh, look at me. That's me as a baby!" Who can name that movie?  The girls could be my twins.



Me in high school. 



I guess this isn't really of the past. This is our family now. We are so lucky to have such a great family.




3 of my favorite movies

Anne of Green Gables

You've Got Mail

Harry Potter




3 songs to run to

Say Geronimo - Shepard



Immortals - Fall Out Boy




Under Pressure - David Bowie







3 things I've learned

If you're being true to who you are and doing what you know is right, it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks.

Don't over do it running, taking breaks is smart.

You don't have to be perfect as long as you're doing your best to get to perfect.




3 book series I read over and over

Harry Potter - Jk Rowling. Everyone knows what this is about so there's no reason to explain it. It's just awesome.

Children of the Promise - Dean Hughes. This series is a historic fiction by a LDS author, about a family during WWII

The Lottery Rose - Irene Hunt. This is an easy read but if you haven't read it yet, go get it now.  This is a great story about a little orphan boy and how he finally feels loved and wanted. It's pretty touching.




3 things I do in my free time

Run

Read

Blog

These are all great things, but they make me sound a little boring.




3 of my favorite trips I've been on

Zions. This was a really fun cousin trip I took this summer. You can see pictures and read all about it HERE. It was definitely one of my favorite things this summer.



California. Before Trev and I decided to have kids, the two of us went to California. Trev had never been to Disneyland and we decided that needed to change. We went during spring break, stayed at his uncle's house and spent the week doing great things there. We went to the La Jolla beach, we went to Disneyland and we went to the San Diego Zoo.



Family trips.  There are way more than 3 trips that are my favorite. Family trips to Boulder Mountain and Lake Powell happened every summer growing up.  There are so many memories I can't even begin to share them all here. But there were other trips that I remember too. Like going to Boston with my mom and aunt.  And like the Church History Tour we went on when I was in 4th grade. It was a great experience, and while I don't remember a lot of it, I remember some really special things from that trip.





Now it's your turn. Pick one of the topics above and share some of your favorite things with me!


2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of the dark circle concealer but you've peaked my interest- I look like a raccoon at all times.. pretty sad because thats never been an issue for me in the past! Can't live in the past though, right? I could relate to most all of your things. Love Harry Potter and I live in SoCal, so I know how lovely it is here. Have a great week Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check out NYX brand. It's cheap and works really well and it also lasts really long. I know you can find it at target, my shade is always sold out there though so I usually go to Ulta to get mine! Thanks for reading.

      Delete