Friday, August 28, 2015

A Month of Pictures



August moved faster than any other month this summer.  I can't believe summer is over and kids are back in school. J starts pre school on the first!  Whether your sad that summer is gone or happy the kids are back in school, here is a recap, in pictures, of our last month of summer.


This is how we do family reunions. M loved sharing cookies with the dogs and J got up the courage to go down the slip n slide.  This was actually in July but I missed posting about it so I thought I'd share this now. Every year for my grandma's birthday, we go up to the family cabin and update something or fix something that needs fixing. We have done this for several years. One year we built a fire pit. Another we built a deck and painted the wheel house. This year we replaced the rock path leading to the front door. 
But, as you can see from the pictures, we're not all work. We like to play too. It was a lot of fun to let the girls run around up there again. 



The beginning of the month was J's birthday.  You can read the recap HERE.  For her birthday dinner she chose to go to Wendy's.  Clearly it's been a while since we've been there because I thought it was pretty cool that they have a new fountain drink machine that lets you customize your drink.  I got strawberry sprite. I'm not a huge soda person, but it was pretty good. I think Sonic's strawberry limeade still has this beat.



These are my tomatoes. They are huge. I didn't even know tomato plants could get that big.  They got so big that they fell over and we had to tie them to the fence. The best part is that all of my tomatoes are starting to ripen and they are so yummy! 



We have had lots of fun birthdays this month. August is our busy birthday month for my side of the family. That means lots of splash pads, swimming parties and good food. This is all the cousins except for one family who live out of state. 




There were a few days that the air was super bad due to fires and smoke blowing in. The picture at top doesn't look so bad unless you know that you can usually see a huge mountain behind those houses. So we have to improvise sometimes. Sometimes that means the girls doing play chores while I do my chores or coloring inside empty boxes. Whatever makes them happy. 


M wasn't feeling good for a day or two. That meant lots of cuddles and not getting much else done. Poor thing. 



J sometimes watches movies during quiet time.  I went down one day to check on her and found this. Her doll family was watching the movie too. I'd like to point out that the baby is even sitting on the mom's lap. 



Got back from a Saturday run to see these two cuddling on the couch.  She loves her daddy.  I've also been loving fruit with whipped cream for my after run snacks. 


She loves to jump on the bed while I try to make it. 



I went on a run to my sister's house so we could go to a boutique.  I thought it was a really great idea until I got there and wanted to try things on. It doesn't work great when you're wearing a sports bra.  Trev said this skirt was too busy so I didn't get it anyway, plus it was too much money for a skirt in my opinion.  Then we went to my grandma's house to see her new kitty. I am allergic to cats and so I don't care too much for them but this little guy was pretty cute and playful.  



Last Sunday we were enjoying some family time and the girls just really wanted to cuddle. I love to cuddle with them even if it interrupts my Sunday nap. I like that M is even making sure her giraffe is looking at the camera. 



That sums up our August of pictures. Thanks to Jenna for her monthly link up!

What are some of your favorite August memories?

Do your kids have close cousins?

Do you have an allergies?











1 comment:

  1. Looks like such a fun month!! I love that she chosen Wendy's as her bday dinner. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete