Thursday, July 16, 2015

My Warm Up Buddy

The other day while I was getting ready for my run, J girl asked if she could come.  My first instinct was to say no. I go at her bed time, and I was hoping to go more than a half mile. I also didn't want to push a stroller.
But I also thought of how proud I was for a minute. She wants to run and I shouldn't discourage her from that. So I had her strap up her shoes and I put her hair in a pony tail. She was coming with me for a warm up.



We stretched and then she was off. She did really good too. The block we live on is .63 miles long. She ran most of it. She was determined to make it all the way around. Even though I told her we can go back any time she feels like she's done.  


She was tired by the time she was done. She needed to stop and catch her breath. Then she said she needed a drink of gatorade. (J hates plain water. I can't get her to drink water unless I put some kind of mio flavor or juice mixed in it.)  She said "I need some gatorade Mom, cause that's what runners drink." Not that she seems me drink a lot of gatorade but somehow she got that impression. 



After the girls were in bed, and after I cleaned the couch that M had an explosive diaper on while we were running, I went for my own run. From the time J and I got home, till the time I had left for my work out, a big windstorm blew in.  And on my way to the club house, I saw this.


This is not the best picture I've seen of this double rainbow. But it was huge and bright and pretty.

I did a twenty minute work out on the treadmill.  Usually I do this watching fixer upper, but due to the huge windstorm, we didn't have cable reception. Oh well, good thing I have some music to keep my mind busy. 

When I walked home, the wind had stopped and this sunset was the best view. 


I live in a beautiful place.




Any summer storms where you live?

How young did you start running?





2 comments:

  1. Awe too cute. We've had some storms off and on lately. The other day we had a storm at 5:00 am. It was crazy thunder storming. I had no idea it was supposed to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's been really random storms for us. But most days it's really nice.
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete