Monday, July 13, 2015

Love Story: Becoming Parents

A year after being married, we knew we wanted to have a little one around the house.  We were so excited to find out we were expecting our first baby.

My pregnancy with J went really well. I got a little sick, but not bad. The biggest problems were the headaches and heartburn. But I felt pretty lucky because besides that I had no problems.

With J I had false labor there at the end for two weeks.  It was really frustrating because I'd start labor and then a couple hours later it would just stop all together.  I missed one of my closest cousin's wedding because of false labor and I was pretty ticked about it after 6 hours of contractions, missing the wedding and then not having the baby.

But night I started having contractions. They started right at midnight, and they were consistent. I didn't go to the hospital though because every one told me that I wouldn't be able to breath because the contractions were so bad, then I'd know it was time to go in.  They never got that bad and I figured they'd stop anyway.  But, then I felt a big kick and my water broke.


15 hours of labor, and 3 hours of pushing. That girl did not want to come out on her own. (I'm pretty sure it was mostly just because the epidural worked too well on me the first time). Then we had this beautiful little girl.




She was a really good baby.  She had a little tiny cry that sounded like a lamb, and I was grateful for that.  She was only 5lbs and 13oz. And she looked just like Mamma from the beginning.


Then the puking began.  This poor little thing had acid reflux. And it was bad.  She would go through 3 outfits a day and so would I. Sometimes I had to shower twice a day because the puke would get in my hair.  Despite the puking all the time, she was still a pretty happy baby. And she slept well from the start.


She has been my little shadow since. And even if we have power struggles on an hourly basis, I still love her more than she will ever know. She's got a big personality in that tiny body. She's smarter than any almost 4 year old you know. She knew her ABC's at 18 months and would sings songs constantly. She can write her name, the letters, and numbers to 20.

So happy this little one made me a mom.  And so I'm so glad she's ours forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment