Thursday, July 9, 2015

An Hour Long Run and A Few Songs to Help You Push Through

Last Friday was a long run for me.  It was super hot outside and I didn't think it was smart for me to do a long run in that heat.  So I moved my run to a treadmill again.

I wanted to do this run a little differently than usual. Instead of picking an amount of miles, I wanted to see how far I could go in an hour.  That's a long time on a treadmill.  Trevon actually gave me this idea that morning, he decided to do the same thing. 

Because I have problems remembering to take pictures for my running posts, I'm sharing these running memes with you today instead. 


I really hate running on the treadmill. It just gets so boring. (I know, I say that all the time).  So I needed something to make it more exciting, something to get me through it with out getting too bored and finishing early.  I decided I'd take the run ten minutes at a time.

It ended up looking something like this:

8:30 pace at 0% incline 10 minutes

7:30 pace 1.5% incline 10 minutes

7:00 pace .5% incline 10 minutes

7:30 pace 0% incline 10 minutes

8:13 pace .5% incline 10 minutes

7:30 pace 0% incline 10 minutes

I ended up going a little over 6.5 miles. (The times are not exact, I'm pretty awesome and forgot to take pictures to remember the exact.)  It was pretty tough, partially because it's still a treadmill. But I was happy with how i did.



I don't know about you guys, but when I'm outside, it's so much easier to go further.  I always figure that either way I have to run home (or back to my car) so I might as well finish.  Going on a treadmill I can push that little stop button or pull the emergency magnet just about any time I want. And that's always a temptation on the treadmill.

Here are a few songs that help me run inside or outside:

Immortals--Fall Out Boy

What It's Like--Everlast  (the clean version)

Lose Control--Missy Elliott

All These Things That I've Done--The Killers

Run Don't Walk--Hey Monday

Lake of Fire--Nirvana

Paralyzer--Finger Eleven

Time Is Running  Out--Muse

There's a lot of other songs that I can share some other time. Until then, enjoy these ones. 

2 comments:

  1. My mom used to keep our elliptical near the TV in the basement...watching shows while working out makes it go faster...you could even hook up a tablet or iPad to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, luckily our club house just got a nice TV so that helps pass the time a little bit. Unfortunately, we don't have any kind of tablet or ipad or anything but I'm happy for my music that I do have.

      Delete