Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A Recap of the 4th

The 4th of July is my favorite holiday.  I just love the feeling in the air. I love the patriotism. I love that there are so many great things to do.  The food, fun runs, swim parties, everything.


Heres a little recap of what we did for the 4th.




First, on the 3rd, we went to watch the Candy Bomber fly over. I love watching any kind of fly by. My dad loves airplanes and passed that on to me from a really young age.  Trev also loves air planes.
But the main reason we went to watch him fly over is because of his story.  If you don't know about his story, go read it HERE.  He has reenacted his candy bomb for the last couple of years and we wanted to go see it this year. We didn't end up getting any of the candy, and it ended up being way more exciting for me and Trev than it was for the girls. But it was a neat thing to watch.




Then we went over to Cindy's house (my Mother in law) for some goodies and some fireworks.  The girls had so much fun. We were out way past their bed time. 

M wasn't sure what to think at first. 




Then, bright and early on the 4th, we woke up and went to Grandma Ann's for breakfast. This is a Francis tradition. And the breakfast is always delicious.  The girls wore matching outfits that Cindy made for them. She's a really amazing seamstress.  
After breakfast we went home and M was already sleepy for a nap. They didn't get to bed until around 11PM the night before, and then we woke them up for breakfast. But it all worked out well for us because after M took her almost 4 hour nap, we went up to my parent's house for swimming and a bbq.



Look at all these kids!  This is 7 of the 12 grandkids.  My brother and his family are in Ohio working on his residency and couldn't make it. The 4th is his birthday so they were really missed.  

Trev and I left the bbq early though, because we went to dinner and the to the Stadium of Fire with his family.  


I don't think he really wanted his picture taken (isn't he handsome though?), but it's Journey! We needed to document this. Journey is one of his favorites (and I like them too).  It was a great night. Lots of singing, screaming and dancing happened. The fireworks were amazing, as usual.  And by the time we got back to my parents house (where the girls were sleeping) it was midnight. 


It was a great weekend. Now we are recovering from lack of sleep.  Back to the daily routine. 


How was your 4th?

Have you ever been to the Stadium of Fire (or any other big firework show)?

Who would you love to see in concert?




2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! I went to elementary school with the Candy Bomber's grandson -- you probalby know him? Greg Williams? Anyway, and I remember he came and we did a candy drop in like 5th grade. It was so cool! Glad you had a fun Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know who Greg is. I don't know him well but I'm sure Trevon knows him. I bet Danny remembers the candy bomber coming to 5th grade too then! How did we not know each other? haha.

      Delete