Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Working Up an Appetite

I've been talking about a little change coming on this blog. Today I'm sharing a small part of it. I'll be posting Monday-Friday now. The extra days, Tuesdays and Thursdays, will focus on fitness and running. I've always loved running and I want to share that with all of you a little more. 




Today we needed to find something fun to do outside.  It's been fantastic weather, and I hate it when we get stuck inside doing chores or something. So today we went out to our grass area for a little work out playing.



We started with chasing, kicking, and throwing the ball.  M really enjoyed this. She thought it was super funny that every time she went to pick up the ball, she would get too close and kick it before she could pick it up.


Next we did some jumping jacks.  J has this down pretty good, but M is still working on it.

Look at those long legs! It comes from her dad. 

Then we had races up and down our "big hill".  Hill running is always a great work out. M didn't love this though, she gave up about half way.


Push ups, sit ups, and frog hops. Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of the frog hops, but it was pretty cute to watch.




Then we settled down for a little stretching. This is their favorite part. They can do it all pretty well.



They worked up a good appetite for lunch. And then they were tired enough to take an early nap. All in all, it was a really good idea.

Chips and Guacamole for lunch for me today. 



How do you get your kids to exercise?

Are you loving the summer weather, like me?

What is your favorite summer lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment