Friday, June 5, 2015

Summer Dinners

When Summer comes, I look for easy, quick, yummy foods for dinner. Things that won't heat my house up too much. Something that doesn't take too much prep so that we can spend more time outside playing.

I thought I'd share the summer dinner love with everyone today.



One of our favorite quick summer dinners is grilled chicken and cheesy hash browns. Super simple, pretty self explanatory. I marinate my chicken in my favorite sauce or salad dressing. Usually my home made ranch. It's pretty delicious. While the chicken is cooking, we fry up our hash browns and put cheese on top when they are ready. Usually I do a veggie or some fruit with this too. This day just happened to be extra busy so we didn't bother with it. My girls love it. It's a quick, no fuss dinner.




Another really great summer dinner is sandwiches. My go to is usually a BLT. Especially with fresh summer tomatoes. Oh my goodness, it doesn't get better! I don't even need to tell you how to make one, but I will tell you the best way too cook bacon is in the oven. Like this. I didn't believe it until I tried it. It does take more time than a pan but the taste, ease, and smell out way that one little con. Just start your bacon earlier than you usually do.




One more go to is hamburgers. Who doesn't love a nice, juicy burger? Usually served with fresh fruit and french fries. Put what ever you like best on it and you can't go wrong. This particular night we used Johnsonville Grillers. Holy smokes, it was like eating a gourmet restaurant burger.  It was stuffed with cheese and bacon. And it was nice a juicy and super tasty. If you haven't tried these yet, you definitely should.




There are obviously more really great summer dinner recipes out there. I don't think I could fit them all on one blog post.


I recieved these Johnsonville Grillers in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. 



What is your family's go to summer dinner?

Have you tried these burgers yet?

What summer side dish is your favorite?

3 comments:

  1. My family loves hamburgers during the summer. Another favorite is grilled chicken with vegetables. Once my mom gets her garden going we eat squash and zucchini all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer garden veggies with dinner and fresh fruit are my favorite. Healthy and yummy and easy side dishes for sure!

      Delete
  2. Mmmmh. I love BLT! Now I want one!

    ReplyDelete