Monday, May 25, 2015

What Makes Me Smile

It's been a long week. The girls have been particularly hard. We have had a lot of power struggles, fits, messes, fighting, and nagging. That's just part of how life with little ones go sometimes. I decided that I needed to think of the fun things that have happened this week.

So today I'm going to share some things that made me smile this week.


Running. Running always makes me happy. It clears my brain, it calms my worries, and it lifts my spirits. Most bad days, a good run can turn my day completely around.

We had a lot of play dates this week. We got new neighbors who have a girl just J's age. So it's been fun to see her make new friends. They played so well together.


On Sunday, J got up with the primary and sang a song for Mothers day. It made me smile that she was brave enough to go up there. It made me smile to see how tiny she was standing up there. And it made me smile when I saw her walking back with her new little friend holding her hand. So cute.


Fixer Upper. You guys, have you seen this show? It's on HGTV. Thats a big favorite in our house. I watch HGTV all the time. But, Fixer Upper is my favorite HGTV show. Chip and Joanna Gains help people buy old, run down houses, and fix them up into these beautiful houses. I will be posting more on this show in the future, so I won't spoil it all right now. The point is, it makes me happy. (And pretty wishful).


Earlier this week, I noticed that J and M were actually playing together. So I took the time to read scriptures. I almost never get time to read a whole chapter, but that day, I did. And that made me smile.


New ideas. I really love it when I get a new idea that just pops into my head out of nowhere. Sometimes after thinking it over, I realize it's maybe not as good of an idea as I thought. But sometimes, it turns out really great. For me this happens a lot when I shower. I'm not sure if that's because I'm alone and have my thoughts to myself, or if it has something to do with the hot water. But I usually get good ideas when I'm in there.
This happened earlier this week, but I haven't said anything about it to anyone because I'm still trying to decide if it's a good idea. I don't want to jinx anything, you know? Or I just don't want to say something and then decide it was stupid and have to go back on my word.


There are a lot of things that make me smile. Sometimes it's hard to think of them when we are stuck in a rut, or frustrated at how life goes sometimes. But, when I stop to think about it, there really are several things that have gone right.

What made you smile this week?

2 comments:

  1. Fixer Upper is aweeessssssssssssomeeeeeeeee I'm only sad it isn't on MORE :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I could watch it every day and not be sick of it. Sometimes I wish I lived in Texas just so they could fix me a pretty house.

      Delete