Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Most Helpful Posts About Blogging

I'm still pretty new as a blogger, but I feel like my blog has grown a lot in the short six months that it's been a blog. I know that when I first started thinking about blogging it felt a little daunting. Who would read what I had to say? But when I started, I was surprised how much I actually enjoyed it.
 I started to look for ways to grow my blog. There have been a few articles on blogging that have helped me a lot as I start out, and I wanted to share those with you today.


Schedualing
One of the first things I learned quickly is that blogging is so much easier when you plan. I found THIS great post from Maiedae. They share some great tips on creating an editorial calendar for your blog. Everything from taking your pictures to planning and writing your posts ahead of time. They have some great tips. 

Writing
I think most bloggers go through periods of time when they aren't sure what they want to write about. Or maybe they need a quick emergency post. I looked on pinterest for some post ideas at some point and came across a couple different lists and tips that I really liked and that I use from time to time. First is this list by months from The Sits Girl. Every month has several post ideas for you to pick from. Then I found THIS post from Blog Clarity. She has some great ideas about coming up with new content that involves magazines. I've used both of these several times and it never fails to help me get the juices flowing again. 

Promoting
The next one is all about marketing and promoting your blog from Love Grows Design Blog. Plus she gives you a few more content ideas on this post. This was helpful to me because I've never been good at promoting my own things. I can promote a product I loved or something that I really believe in. But for what ever reason, it's always been really hard for me to promote my own thing. I start feeling more like a pushy sales person, just shoving my stuff in people's faces all the time. That's not how it really is at all though. This post helps you find a way to promote yourself with out feeling pushy. 

Collaborating 
Jana from Life Could Be a Dream has quickly become one of my favorite bloggers. She blogs about a lot of great things, these two posts are a great help when it comes to working with companies. How To Write A Pitch Email and 4 Things to Have in Place Before Pitching Brands. She gives some fantastic examples and tips about media kits and emailing the brand. If you're to that point in your blogging, I highly suggest reading both of those.

Earning
Last is THIS post, from Blog Chicka Blog, about using Google Adsense. I used this one a lot because I just started using adsense and I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. This post walks you through step by step how to get started with adsense. It also has some screen shots to make it a little easier.

If you're looking for ways to grow your blog, these are some of the best articles to look at. Look through and find the things that will work for you and your blog.

Do you have any favorite ways to grow your blog?



No comments:

Post a Comment