Thursday, May 7, 2015

Love Story: Wedding


Love Story

Wedding

The day before our wedding, I started coming down with a cold. Worst timing ever.  I went home early from work, took a nap and tried to get the rest of our little things done. By dinner time, I knew that it was bad. I asked Trevon and my dad to give me a priesthood blessing. Then, once we finished the finale details for the reception, I went to bed.

The next morning I woke up feeling a little better. I didn't have a stuffy nose anymore, but my throat was sore and I had a headache. I started getting ready to go to the temple. I wasn't nervous at all. I never really understood why people were so nervous to get married. If you agreed to marry them, wouldn't you have been pretty sure you wanted to be with them forever?


Trevon picked me up at 8:00 A.M. and we headed to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. It was crazy windy at the temple and super cold. But it was a dry day so there were lots of beautiful pictures. The best part is that during the ceremony I felt completely healthy. I was able to focus on what was being said. I wasn't feeling sick at all.



After the ceremony, we came out of the temple and we were greeted by a ton of family. We took pictures with family and then some of just us. Then it was time to go to our luncheon. I honestly don't even remember what we ate. By then my headache had come back and all I wanted to do was take some Advil and go to sleep. Which is exactly what I did as soon as the luncheon was over. And I slept until it was time to go to our reception.


We had our reception at Sleep Ridge Golf course. We were one of their first weddings they had. It was beautiful! We started the receiving line (which was the one thing my dad wanted me to have at the wedding) and about half way through we broke the line and did cake and mingling. We loved seeing and visiting with our friends and family. And before we knew it, it was time to go.




Thankfully, I wasn't feeling too sick. We were so pleased with how the whole thing turned out. And we were so excited to start our lives together. To learn and grow together.


2 comments:

  1. Aww I can't imagine being sick on my wedding day! However, it sounds like worked out just right where you felt healthy during the ceremony! Beautiful photos too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when you get married, make sure you get enough sleep and take extra vitamin c too. But thankfully it worked out great. Thank you!

      Delete