Friday, May 1, 2015

Capture the Moment

Any one who knows me, know that I love everything about photography. It's a great creative outlet. It is sometimes almost therapeutic to take my camera and go out on my own to take pictures. And I love to capture everyday moments and find the beauty in them.


Have any of you ever heard of Clickin Moms? If you haven't, and you love taking pictures, or would love to learn some new photography tips and tricks, check them out! This is a book that they put out just this year. From the second I got this book, I knew I was going to love it. The cover itself is beautiful. As part of the introduction, the book states that its purpose is to help guide your eye to seeing the way a photographer sees. To help you find your style, to teach, motivate, and create the photographer in you. Which is just one more reason to love this book.


As if the beautiful pictures weren't enough of a reason to love it, this book does a great job at giving a ton of easy, helpful hints on getting the perfect shot. Everything from lighting to story telling, by the time you've gone through this book, you'll have a pretty good foundation on photography.
At the end of each chapter, they have creativity exercises. These are so fun and it gives you the chance to take what you just learned, and try it out. For me, that's the best kind of learning, experience.

Here are a few of the pictures I took after reading this book. First the lighting. I put a lot of these pictures in black and white because, with out the color, it's easier to see and appreciate the lighting in them.


While the pictures look fantastic in color, you probably wouldn't have noticed the lighting so much if you hadn't seen the black and white versions first. All of these pictures were taken in natural light. I love that my house has lots of great light in it! If you're wanting to take some great pictures with natural light like this, the best way to do it inside is to move close to a window and turn all the other lights off. 


These two pictures show composition pretty well. When most people hear composition, they think of the rule of thirds. But composition is more than just moving the subject somewhere else in the picture. Get to a different level. Be above the subject, get down to eye level, even below eye level sometimes works great. 


These pictures are all about the story. My girls playing dress up together and reading or dancing together in their princess tent is one of the best things to watch as a mother. I'm glad I caught this story in pictures so that my girls will be able to look at them later and remember how much fun it was. 

These are just a few of the tips they teach you in this book.

This book is perfect for someone who is interested in photography but doesn't know where to go next, as well as professional photographers. It gives new inspiration, and it reminds and teaches us of the basics. And Clickin Mom's is awesome enough to give one of you a free Capture the Moments book!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

What is Clickin Moms? Glad you asked, it's a great website for all kinds of photographers. On the website, you'll find tips for your photography,  as well as tutorials, workshops, interviews, forums to ask questions you may have a lot more. It would be a perfect gift for the aspiring photographer in your life, be it a graduate, mom, or anyone else, is a year or lifetime subscription to Clickin Moms, as well as getting them this book. They will love you forever for it!




I received this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. 



Who's the Photographer in your life?

You might also like: Book Review:A fifty Year Silence , Positive Discipline: book review

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh I just love love love photography! Your pictures are beautiful. Isn't it crazy how different a photo can look in black and white! I love a good black and white photo.. The capture the moment book sounds pretty insightful too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it too. Black and white are beautiful but color can be all the difference sometimes.

      Delete